Wiring in a stereo from scratch - help needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub wannabe

Reaction score
Hi all

I know this has been covered on here before, and yes I have tried to search for it but can't find it.

I have a '68 Bay and I can't find the wiring for a stereo. It has a hole in the dash, the stereo is even in the dash and to top it all even an aerial....but no wiring!

So (please in VERY simple terms with pictures would be great) can anyone explain how I wire in a stereo.

Looking at my new iso (standard fit loom) I need a permanent live, ground and ignition live.

I have talked to people who say run a wire directly to the battery with a switch but don't want to do that really.

All I need to know is where do I put the permanent live and ignition live please.....does that make sense?

P.S I hate electrics! :shock:

I have not got mine in yet but started to fit it , and for the switched live i used the feed to the horn

Hope this helps , ( PS im on your templates , sorry :oops: )

I have not got mine in yet but started to fit it , and for the switched live i used the feed to the horn

Hope this helps , ( PS im on your templates , sorry )

I have just had another look and found this:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have now printed off a wiring digram from vintage bus, but I still don't get it.

Maybe its getting late!

As for the templates...I have a few other jobs like wiring this stereo! I'm trying to get the bus ready for Stanford Hall.....maybe sell it :cry: as still no job.

I'm gonna wire mine in from the leisure battery, for some reason it keeps cutting out from the proper connection as soon as it touches the dash. :?:

I can't work out why and i'm pretty good with electrics, lol. :lol:

Latest posts