Wiring Loom. Black Wire to Dash Pod

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whistler

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Devon
I am just about finishing the replacing the wiring loom. The loom has been testing to say the least!

On the diagram there is a black wire which runs from fuse 4 (from the left, attached to a green wire) to the dash pod. The guy that made the loom has put this back wire on the other end of the green wire at the flasher unit. The black wire has 4 connections on it and from the diagram it should link up to the dash pod some how.

My question is, where? :lol: I don't have any more space to attach it, and my assumption is that is it a live of some kind?

Anyone have any ideas? Because at the moment I don't need it :? A couple of the dash lights are on, I presume however that it's the bulbs. And without the engine in I cannot check the oil and generator lights?

Black wire is usually your dash pod lights, but those connections look too big for the bulb fitting. I suggest going back to the fella that supplied the loom.

The dash pod lights are a different colour o. The diagram, as well as the black wires. Strange thing is that even without that black wire everything works so I'm not totally concerned.

For the amount of money I paid I'm pretty dissapointed with it over all.

the black wire to the dash pod is live for the generator light, oil light and indicator lights as they are switched by earths

so if they are working you must have a live connected to the dash pod

Latest posts