Wish me luck!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slammed

Reaction score
Me being being me I've left everything to the last minute, but basically I fried my 1600 (I think) so I've had a new engine built from scratch. Busy schedules, drag racing and forgetting to order vital parts have meant it's been left until Saturday to fit.
I'm also hoping to get to Alive and Dubbing on Saturday... See where this is going?
Last minute old engine out, new engine in, bed in cam, set up twin carbs, take for test drive, adjust up vitals (ie brakes and steering etc after fiing new narrowed beam) and hopefully making it to Stonham around 9pm (that way I miss the world cup too).

So, erm, wish me luck guys, hopefully I'll see some of you Saturday night for a well-earned beer. :lol: :shock:

Cheers guys, I think we may end up running with the sweet sound of straight cut gears and, erm... a single Solex.

Setting up the Dells will be the last thing and could be overlooked for a week or so! :lol:

dubscum said:
plan! you make sure you get plenty of ale down your next saturday night, thats your prize if you make it :D

I reckon I'll have earned it Ash!

I have to strip the old engine down as well at some point, but I'm buggered if I'm doing that when there's beer to be drunk! :lol:

I've heard you are very good at 'making it' to various destinations, good luck and enjoy.

HelN said:
I've heard you are very good at 'making it' to various destinations, good luck and enjoy.

Last minute is more inspiring! You bringing Doug (and Mif) to Stonham Barns at the weeknd Helen? 8)

Assume you mean Dave, there is a Danbury Doug on here too! I am off to bet on some horses this weekend otherwise would have loved too, have fun.

HelN said:
Assume you mean Dave, there is a Danbury Doug on here too! I am off to bet on some horses this weekend otherwise would have loved too, have fun.

Yeah Dave, sorry! :oops: :lol: