workshop type advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busdiver

Reaction score
hi guys. i'm putting a shed/workshop up the garden so i can get the bay in the garage and get it finished. i have a 10 x 8 up there already that i'm gonna try and use mostly for storage, and the new on to have a bench in and stuff for engine work door build ups etc.

question is wooden or metal workshop. wood is 1200 quid and a metal one 400 will put a concrete base down anyway. anyone have a preference/experience.

I have a 9foot by 18foot wooden workshop, sold as a log cabin, built up from large planks slotted together. Was easy to build and keeps the heat in and high temperatures out quite well also has double doors. Got it here https://dunsterhouse.co.uk/log-cabins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yeah the dunster ones are nice if a little pricey. timber is probably the way to go it was just the price diff that was swaying the vote a bit, don't want it to cost the earth as it is "only a shed". i was always going to put down a concrete pad anyway so i'll possibly go down the self build, bigger for cheaper all though not quicker route. two block high base then timber frame and shiplap cladding.

Double skinning it (as simple as polystyrene insulation then 3mm hardboard cover inside) helps to keep cool summer, warm winter and stops condensation/tools rusting as well!

I still have a dehumidifier running 24/7 in mine though

You'd be surprised what water they pull out the air!

webbaldo, presume you are talking metal shed, the whole condensate thing was also a concern, think i'll build a wooden one

Latest posts