• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTD Dormobile parts and advise

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting up the photo and the offer of the heatshield but happily it lookks like I will be sorted with the cupboard from Neil :D

excellent news Neil, thank you :D

Sorry Andy but I wont have the cupboard by then. I aim to pick it up soon and will let you know when I have a date.

Cheers

Neil

Hi gents

I have the cupboard at home. Will post some pictures shortly!

Finally! Here's the cupboard. The dark brown section of the T trim around the door and cabinet top is 40 years of sun scorching and common to all these cabinets. Drop me a PM if you're still interested!

DSC_2310.jpg

DSC_2311.jpg

DSC_2312.jpg

I will try to give it a clean in the next few days and may post some more pictures.

I have had some success in improving the dark brown staining on mine by rubbing down wih fine sandpaper then polishing up using cream cleaners etc. Tedious but quite effective - basically take the top layer off, and polish up the fresh plasic underneath...

can I just take the oppotunity to send a big thank you to Andy and Neil for helping me out with this, the cabinet is now in my bay and looking good, thank you both for your efforts :eek:)

Dickie524 ...thank you, I will try your method, can you tell me what grade sanding paper you used ?

Someone once suggested wire wool and a small amount of white spirit, test on an inconspicuous area at first

You're most welcome! So glad to know that these bits are getting used and not ending up at the scrapper :)

Neil

dorsetchris said:
can I just take the oppotunity to send a big thank you to Andy and Neil for helping me out with this, the cabinet is now in my bay and looking good, thank you both for your efforts :eek:)

Dickie524 ...thank you, I will try your method, can you tell me what grade sanding paper you used ?

It was about 800 grit or finer I think. It did take ages though... :roll:

Latest posts