• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTD - stock gear shift

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickie524

Reaction score
Hi all, haven't been on for a while.

I'm looking for a standard stock VW gear shift for my bus as I am tired of mucking about with the EMPI one. It's a standard 1968 RHD.

I can't afford one of the Gene Berg ones or similar at the moment. Has anyone got a spare old one that they have replaced or upgraded from available at all please? I think I have the lower plates and reverse-inhibit plate etc already in my box of bits - but will buy an whole kit if that's what someone has available!

Thanks, Rich

Yep I have one if your looking still, don't know what its worth, make me what you think is a fair offer and its yours

fullsizeoutput_641_zpsqxqr37is.jpeg

That's brilliant everyone - thanks very much!

Looking on Ebay sold items they go for anywhere between £8 and £35 including delivery - so I'm happy to go mid-table - say £22 including the postage - would that suit you?

However - are LHD and RHD gear shifts the same (ie are they just reversed?)

Thanks ! Rich

Morning Rich. Cool, I'm happy with £22. I am unsure about if they are interchangeable. My bus is lhd. I will find out and come back to you

Nothing Ron ! - in fact I replied to this chap before I replied to you! It was only afterwards that I had the sudden thought that the sticks were probably different and I spotted from Cornish's signature bar that his van was LHD - hence my question to you.

Now I know that they are different (not just turned round) then unfortunately I will have to say no to Cornish and yes to a RHD one if it is still available please?

As per earlier mail though I'm happy to try to track down a rubber gaiter and a knob separately, that's no bother, in fact I'll probably just swap the black Bakelite ball from my Empi one...

It is Rich, if your after one still then let me know, I'd be happy at £30 posted, you........

Ron

Hi Ron, well if the RahD ones are rare then so be it, - yes please! I'll sort details etc by private mail. Thanks all, Rich

Latest posts