• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTD Westy front hinged roof section

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks906

Reaction score
Hi all bit of a long shot but does anyone have the front roof section of the front hinged roof of a westy.
Mines got a few cracks and missing bits on the inside.
I could probably repair mine but not sure what it's supposed to look like
Cheers
Dave

Hi They are fairly simple things to repair - did one myself. Just lengths of wood which provide rigidity which are fibreglassed to the roof. I bought 2 inch glass fibre tape , which is stronger and a bit less messy than chop mat and removed as much of the original cracked strengthening as i could and reinforced with the tape. you can also use the tape to reinforce your corners and the inner edge. If i were you i would have a go, the tape and the resin, activator and a box of brushes is fairly cheap online. have a look at this page - shows someone doing up their roof and will give an idea of what it should look like.

http://www.vdubxs.com/tag/early-bay/page/5/

cheers

jon

Cheers jon

I might give it a go. I did wonder how it all attached didn't know if it was glued on. Are the bits of wood front and back curved to the roof? And are the hinges supposed to be coach bolted on?
Cheers
Dave

Latest posts