Yayy Tillie can see!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valbarley

Reaction score
Thanks to the link given on here, Tillie now has eyes!

Very pleased with them! - Inside is great, darkens it nicely to sleep in

Might struggle a bit on the motorway seeing anything... :D

e414f6b8.jpg

b476ceb0.jpg

203a016d.jpg

Just got her back from a service and general good looking over, has a clean bill of health, very pleased!! :) :) :)

(actually I do need some back brake disks if anyone knows of any around??)

Loxy said:
valbarley said:

Are you sure you need disks? It's more likely to have drums unless someone has converted them ;)

mechanic said it is the rim on the actual brake disk plates that has corroded quite a bit :cry:

valbarley said:
Loxy said:
valbarley said:

Are you sure you need disks? It's more likely to have drums unless someone has converted them ;)

mechanic said it is the rim on the actual brake disk plates that has corroded quite a bit :cry:

Not sure exactly what you are describing? I'm guessing it's the backing plates for the drums?
Something like this:
http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Rear-back-plate-left-8-70-79_act_shop.product_pID_136257_lang_EN_country_GB.htm?crumbPageToLoad=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Although these are probably the wrong year for yours, I'm sure someone on here can recommend a supplier that does them.

Loxy said:
Not sure exactly what you are describing? I'm guessing it's the backing plates for the drums?
Something like this:
http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Rear-back-plate-left-8-70-79_act_shop.product_pID_136257_lang_EN_country_GB.htm?crumbPageToLoad=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Although these are probably the wrong year for yours, I'm sure someone on here can recommend a supplier that does them.

yep that's them (sorry tech terms!) - he said you can pick up the newer ones and convert them but its a bit of a ballache - better if i can find some early ones

Latest posts