Yet another newbie

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seabreeze2

Reaction score
Hi Guys / Girls

I just stumbled across this excellent site and had to join you! I believe my bus is a crossover model, 1972 Devon Caravette with high fr indicators, large rear lights but round bumpers and side steps on Fr bumpers? The question is... Do I qualify as an Early Bay Boy??? :?

Phil

X-overs are more than welcome (mine's one :D ).

Get some pics up as soon as so that we can have a look 8)

Welcome :lol: :lol:

Yep, welcome aboard. We've got a crossover too. As long as you've got low front indicators and rounded bumpers you scrape through. :lol:

Hi there all and happy new year
Joined in dec and meant to make contact then.Bought a 1971 Dormobile last year in aug. . .dumped in a drive for 7 yrs and rusting badly!Interior and roof and bunks etc buddy seats all there.Now stripped to shell ready for serious welding and build up from whats left.Most people i show the pics to or see her say it's scrap but that convinces me even more to bring her back to life.
Had several vw's mk 3 and 4 golfs,aT4 which featured in perf.vw and Campervan mag and now a T5 so always had a wanting for camper.
Will be on the look out soon for panels doors etc and advice i would expect
Keep up the good work
Col

Hi again
After browsing on here last night and saw the pics in gallery of Alfies resto work decided to plug the grinder in and make a start.Also armed with spot weld drill bits and big chisel the front panel had to come off!!Pushed her out of garage and set to. . Kept the old panel to practice welding . . never done any but got the mig cheap get the mask in morning and off we go.
In reply to what was in Santas sack. . .Me and partner got £300 of JK vouchers so that will help but with all outriggers and a lot of panel work reqd may need to put 'em on birthday list too.Keep you posted. . enjoying the site.
Cheers Col

Latest posts