You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very busy at work at the moment so not much time for Westy :oops: The misses gives me a deadline of march 2015 (see wants to camp in spring :lol: and no westy on the ramp :p ) This year some airplane vacation 8).

A friend of mine is helping me out with the brakes. Porsche Boxsters normally drive in 16”, so 15” is a no go :msn4:
Well not if you know the way……. Boxsters on 944 disk in 15” ET 65 without spacers, this will look narrow :mrgreen:

Also had some fun on the local soapbox challenge :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=682088628528772&fref=nf

Greetz mycha

Likewise :) have a couple of sets, one set in gloss black and one set in silver. Loving those rims :) nearly as sexy as Porsche Fondmetal rims ;) pity they only came in 7J !! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday started on the engine and gearbox raise.

The plan & parts:
- 002 gearbox
- Gene Berg 600A-kit (gear carrier)
- Split window nosecone.

This all gives a raise of 7cm 8)

Original parts:

the mock-up:

Greetz Mycha

Hi Mycha,

I'm going the same route with my resto :) Question for you? How are you going to modify the fueltank shelf and firewall to allow clearance for the raised gearbox?

Regards

Nick

Nick-Rackham said:
Hi Mycha,

I'm going the same route with my resto :) Question for you? How are you going to modify the fueltank shelf and firewall to allow clearance for the raised gearbox?

Regards

Nick

Will make some photo's when it's ready ;). I only cut a small amount of the floor under the tank for the top of the gearbox and the arm from the clutch, I don't think a raise of the fuel tank is necessary (but tonight i will :lol:, going further with the mock-up). The firewall will be modified around the gearbox and the bracket holding the engine rubber will be welded to it and screwed on the lower part thats on the engine compartment..... or plan B is to use a type1 engine rear plate and look how that will fit 8) A custom job :mrgreen:

Thanks Mycha, I was going down the type 1 beetle front tin and just raise the edge of the fuel tank floor, much like the split screen with the engine seal curved round to match the tin :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts