You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent stuff Mycha, great progress my friend! :cool:

Is that with the tyre touching the inner rear wheel arch or have you had them tubbed so that is actually how low you will be running when completed?

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Foz said:
Excellent stuff Mycha, great progress my friend! :cool:

Is that with the tyre touching the inner rear wheel arch or have you had them tubbed so that is actually how low you will be running when completed?

Hey Foz, Thanks, i’have 0,5cm/1cm clearance between tire and inner wheel arch. No tubbing or engine raise that all will be standard :p ;) I’m setting my bumpstop so that i can roll (slow-show-stance) that is 39cm ground - wheel arch. The bags have 21cm raise and 2500lbs (1133 kg) force so in theory i can lift the van till the adjustable plate is on it’s end (not tested yet because brackets are net ready :roll:).

Update from yesterday and tonight;

Greetings from Holland, mycha

mychatype3 said:
Yesterday was parts delivery-day :mrgreen:
The u-jounts from the States arrived, it’s a shame the package was not complete :oops: the steering shaft was not there.............. :evil: The u-joint fits the T25 bevel-box (40splines) on one side and the other side is double D (3/4DD vauxhall/Opel) :msn4:

P1020052.jpg

Hoping to have some time this week to go in the garage and make some progress.

Greetz Mycha

Hello Mycha

Do you know the length of the steering rack you have? i have a rack which is 855mm long, which is about 120mm more than the width of the chassis rails.

Cheers Darius

MetPeter said:
I've visited Mycha last week and had a quick look at his newest project on Westy. Pretty nice and well done engineered by the 'Wizzard of A's'. Respect Mycha!

Thanks dude, you congratulations on your MOT ;)

Today my friend Ron from http://www.deboxer.nl came to weld phase one, next up is boxing and closing the chassis rails and make some brackets on the swing-arms. In the front i’m placing some small tubs from trailerqueen-resto 8)

Greetz mycha

aogrady said:
Like that a lot! More pictures!!

Alistair

Just testing at the moment, will polish them and paint them black on the inside, something different then the"fuchs"-norm :p

Fitted the Boxster front brakes on the 944 disk, it's tight but it will work (with some modifications 8))
Working on the rear at the moment :msn4:

video:

Now the Boxster-calipers on the front are measured in i'm working an the rear, some parts are ordered so I'm waiting for that.

In the meantime my friend is working on the gearbox. He is installing the Weddle 4.57 crown and pinion, supper diff and new bearings and synchro's. The gear carrier is worn-out so we had to choose between a second hand one (overhauled), a billet 091 type (with has to be modified to 002) or the Gene Berg bus to bug one :msn4: !!!

I chose for the Gene-Berg Bus to Bug one because of the extra lift. The gearbox (and engine) will be raised 5 cm :mrgreen: more work but in the end i thing a welcome bonus for the exhaust :lol:

With the Ridetech shocks on the front and the bags on the rear it is necessary to tub the front for a lower overall stance.
Gavin Jones of trailerqueen resto made some off his quality tubs special for the early-bay's out there ;)

Greetings from Holland, mycha

Good work Mycha!

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Latest posts