YOUR HELP REQUIRED - VW magazine focus group

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retro.james

Reaction score
Hello,

I've just posted this on VZi but think it would be great to hear from some of the Early Bay brigade...

Do you live anywhere near London (SE1 0SU) or Croydon (CR9 1HZ) or are you able to get to either location without too much hassle?

If so we need you!

And your opinions too!

We're planning to run a number of focus groups in relation to VolksWorld Camper&Bus magazine.

If you read the magazine you may have noticed we tweaked some of the designs/fonts and introduced some new elements a couple of months back and really want to get some feedback on what we've done.

Also it would be great to hear your thoughts about the content we include or currently don't include in the mag.

Even if you don't read C&B your opinion as a VW lover is still valid so you can definitely be of help.

We'll be holding our focus groups at:

Leon House
233 High Street
Croydon
CR9 1HZ

And:

The Blue Fin Building
110 Southwark Street
London
SE1 0SU

If you can let me know your preferred location I can add you to our list.

Exact times and dates are to be confirmed but we're thinking around 6.30pm so we can offer you a drink and a bite to eat as we have a natter.

Anyone interested in helping us/participating in a focus group can email me direct at [email protected]

If you can let me have your name, a contact number and tell me what VW you own too I can add you to our list and contact you with further details when we have them.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon.

james

(James Peene - editor of VolksWorld Camper&Bus Magazine)
http://www.vwcamperandbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James

Is there no way to make this online and therefore non geographically dependent? You could run the risk of getting opinions from only a small section of your actual cross section audience?

I suppose it is about the demographic and the level of customer interference!

Can't make the venues but should you decide to extend out then I'd be happy to get involved, I work in multimedia publishing [not motoring ] and know some of the questions you ask internally, and we have found focus groups really worthwhile to help prove layouts and design tweaks.

cheers

Darren

dubdubz said:
we have found focus groups really worthwhile to help prove layouts and design tweaks.

cheers

Darren

Why would Ford owners be better at this ??

:lol: ;)

James

Can't make the venues but also happy and keen to take part another way having read the mag for over 5 years.

happy to get involved James,why just southerners though for an international magazine??? any chance of on-line involvement ?

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

Reason we have the two southern venues is simply because that's where our offices are.

C&B works out of Croydon and our head office is just behind the Tate.

By offering the London address as an alternative it makes getting there easier (for some) as Croydon can be a pain to get to and let's face it, who wants to come to Croydon?

An online thing would make sense but the powers that be prefer 'face time' and being able to show alternatives to people and gauge their reactions...

Focus groups like this are very popular with the suits - hence we did LOADS of them prior to launching the refreshed mag.

We also don't pay for them either - a beer and a slice of pizza is the usual offering.

If we end up going down the online questionnaire you'll be the first to know.

Cheers

Thanks for all the emails and offers to help.

Much appreciated and I'll get back to everyone when we have some dates sorted.

james

Latest posts