You're having a laugh, aren't you?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jeez i`m bidding on this too and you lot really do have eagle eyes. I thought it was a late bay...now i see early dash pod 2 million dollars, earlybay steering wheel 3 million dollars, flat arches etc ...shocking how easy it is to generalise or just make first impression judgements

stagger lee said:
i've seen guys on here selling what can only be described as scrap vans for 1k+ without a hint of criticism. so apart from the fact that the van is a bit of a cacophony of sheet metal and has no real indigenous value. it is, by present market buoyancy, worth 1k+ easily as an unfinished campervan with potential of becoming a useable van. albeit not a particularly aesthetic one. the owner is a bit delusional/optimistic about it's value, but there's a lot of that about nowadays?

the trouble is Stagger is that the van described is Nothing short of a death trap . You cant just cut the side out of a van and add doors , there's structual integrity to think of and Your average badly equiped home mechanic will not have the knowledge or engineering know how to comprehend this . As clearly demonstrated in the ebay link . If the bus wasnt as butcherd then You could possibly rescue it BUT I would hope that it Only becomes Parts ,as I Pity anyone who gets in it and has an accident as It will fold like paper

:evil: :evil: :x :x :evil:

scott wilson said:
jeez i`m bidding on this too and you lot really do have eagle eyes. I thought it was a late bay...now i see early dash pod 2 million dollars, earlybay steering wheel 3 million dollars, flat arches etc ...shocking how easy it is to generalise or just make first impression judgements

Did you spot his other stuff? low light early bay repro panels to finish off the front, new arches, doors, all for early bay - looks like he's tracked down quite a few bits

Gadget Boy said:
stagger lee said:
the trouble is Stagger is that the van described is Nothing short of a death trap . You cant just cut the side out of a van and add doors , there's structual integrity to think of and Your average badly equiped home mechanic will not have the knowledge or engineering know how to comprehend this .

Oh yes you can ,don`t forget twin sliders... 8)

scott wilson said:
...now i see early dash pod 2 million dollars, earlybay steering wheel 3 million dollars, flat arches etc .

:lol:

Has he got a split or is it one a them factory bay conversions ? I can just make out the door... :?

dandaz said:
Gadget Boy said:
stagger lee said:
the trouble is Stagger is that the van described is Nothing short of a death trap . You cant just cut the side out of a van and add doors , there's structual integrity to think of and Your average badly equiped home mechanic will not have the knowledge or engineering know how to comprehend this .

It always made me cringe when you got people buying vans and lobbing out the roof for a full length pop top, cutting out full bulkheads for walkthrough conversions and removing belly pans to keep an eye on the inner sills ..... :shock:

Clem said:
It always made me cringe when you got people buying vans and lobbing out the roof for a full length pop top, :shock:

Never stopped Dormobile from doing it, have a close look at the front edge of a dormobile poptop hole next time you get a chance ;)
Although they do generally seem to have belly pans fitted, wouldnt want to find out whether its ok in a crash or not :?

I meant all three. :lol: Ive seen twin sliders with roofs chopped out, bulkheads removed and lots of driveway sill surgery! :?

One or two of the above at a time are ok, I guess.

nov09189-2.jpg

so what you think? mot time?? :mrgreen:
when you strip something back as far as this it does make you wonder about crash safety in any car

Clem said:
It always made me cringe when you got people buying vans and lobbing out the roof for a full length pop top, cutting out full bulkheads for walkthrough conversions and removing belly pans to keep an eye on the inner sills ..... :shock:

Are the belly pans there for structural strength? I thought they were to protect the chassis ..... and were rubbish at it :?:

Would anyone put them back on?

Oh and love the pikey bus :D

dandaz said:
Gadget Boy said:
stagger lee said:

No dude there Factory buses and as such have all the appropiate panels and strength built in :?

think someone else has just realised its a lemon, gone from 12 bids at £1220 to 10 bid at £811.99

Latest posts