Z bed/rear seat removal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev-al

Reaction score
Hi. Planning to take out the rear seat from a '68 Kombi tomorrow - Any thoughts on how it unbolts ?
I've had a quick look and seems there are many small hex head bolts to take off, OR is it via the clips holding the seat frame to the base, leaving the base behind. ?
Any ideas appreciated.

When stripped the Z-bed back seat out of ours, undoing the clips on the hinge runners let me lift the seat base out, then knocked the hinge pins out from the two bars to remove the seat back.

Hey Nugsy - not permanent. Just need access to the panels. Got sound and thermo insulation to go in - hopefully before Volksworld.

Nugsy said:
Is this a permanent removal and if so what is the going rate on the z hinges. Got standard rear seats in mine but fancy the bed option

Ours was permanent removal, now have a Rusty Lee rock'n'roll in it's place.
Z-hinges available, they're the original ones, not the modern repops so 20-30 years old and could do with a refurb (hinge pins worn, small split in flange one of the V-legs needs welding up - nothing major if you are handy we wanted a proper rock'n'roll so they came out).

Let me know if you'd be interested.

Latest posts