• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

115 Ah Leisure Battery for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinga

Reaction score
HI all,

Got a leisure battery for sale - sorry 115Ah not 110Ah as per the title - the story goes like this..

We bought a caravan this year - the guy we bought it off said that he bought a new leisure battery for it last year as the original one packed up.

He was in the south of France at the time and had to pay over £200 for it - I don't have the receipt for it, so I am taking all this on face value, although he seemed like an honest guy!

Anyhows, we used the caravan for a 2 week holiday and all was fine, but when we came home and left the caravan on the drive, the battery level seemed to be going down very very slowly. So we assumed that the battery was losing its charge and bought a new one.

The new one still loses a tiny bit of voltage over time (i.e. talking weeks, months, not days) so it turns out the drain is in the caravan not the battery!

I have since found out that even when you turn the power off at the power panel, the battery still provides power to the caravan - think this must be a thing with new caravans?

I charged the battery I took off a few months ago and left it in the garage and just checked it as still showing over 12V months after, so looks good. I did phone Monbat but they told me the 2 year guarantee only applied in the country it was purchased in!

It's a Monbat Power semi-traction (whatever that means) 115Ah, so quite a powerful battery and we have a 6 berth caravan fitted with a motor mover so it's got some good power.

£40 collected from Solihull - sorry but defo too heavy to post...