• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1302s gearbox.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete nice

Reaction score
I broke a 1302s yesterday & it has a very nice IRS box. It is a DC code with 4.125 final drive.

I have driven the car a few times & was a joy to drive.

£180 collect from Aldershot Hants.
07970 540757

are these a direct replacment for the bay boxes ie not to much moding and haking if so il be interested pete

the nose cones different Strongy.... not sure of the drive/CV joint...

though a man of your talents should be able to sort it out....extended hanger and shaft coupling.... :wink:

strongy said:
are these a direct replacment for the bay boxes ie not to much moding and haking if so il be interested pete

tim monkeyspinner has a bolt in kit, you can view it over at http://rhrco.forumotion.com/rhr-news-and-new-products-f1/type-1-irs-to-early-bay-transmission-adapter-kit-t96.htm?sid=627917c16e6bab21c3e469f5147d5b70

trans.jpg

That's a pretty cool kit!

I am guessing you would need to use Beetle inner CV joints. I have the drive shafts complete, so 2 shafts (not used for the camper I expect), plus 4 CV joints. You would end up with 2 joints spare. I have the shafts advertised at £15 each.

New CV joint kits are £35 each new from GSF.

I am sure there was a tech thread about Bug gearboxes in a bay not that long ago.

il look in to it and let you know,if the van was of the road id have in a flash, but id have to take it of the road to sort,i normal gearbox swop would take the best part of a day this could take a month :lol: .il try and find someone thats done it and take it from there

Pete

I'm interested in this if not already sold, also if anyone is interested a couple of us have developed a kit to mount these, not sure of cost yet but will be a lot cheaper than the market place, just waiting for a few costs to come in on the machining side.

PM sent

Yea, cheers, we were talking about this yesterday. Trekker flanges are quite hard to find these days.

there are a few ways this conversion can be done, I think Ian will be able to make it work ok.

Latest posts