1600 misfire

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futbus

Reaction score
I have a customers van in at the moment for a couple of jobs, but the van has a misfire.

It is running an electronic ignition system with an 009 dizzy. It felt like a lead breaking down so these have been changed, but the misfire at low revs is still there. When the revs increase it goes away.

Long time since doing anything aircooled, so need a refresher please.

futbus

OK just read some of the info after doing a search, so will check the plugs and do a compression check, no condenser to worry about, and leads already changed, and i`ll report the findings tomorrow once a few checks have been done.

Thanks for all the people who have shared info onto sites like this to help numpties like me that have forgotten stuff I used to do in my sleep, fix vans, although it originally came in for a disc kit, but will help the customer drive home without any problems.

So we carried out a check today, and removing the plugs found No 1 & 2 covered in carbon and the other 2 were fine and the right colour. Compression check found all within 5psi of each other, so cleaned the plugs and gaps and put back in, checked the timing and advanced about 3 degrees more, and now runs alot better although still to take for a test drive.

A big thanks to all that helped point me in the right direction to sort this.

Latest posts