• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1776 for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slammed

Reaction score
Perfect for giving it the big 'un!

1776, AS41 case, Scat 69mm counterweighted crank, balanced rods, lightened and balanced 8 dowelled flywheel, 1:25 rockers with Berg bolt up shafts, ported and polished CB performance heads with 44 and 38mm inlets and outlets, stainless valves, dual valves springs, Engle 125 cam with straight cut gears, full flow oiling through Gene Berg pump, stainless bolt up oil lines, Fram filter etc.

Minus fan shroud and carbs. Although do a a fanshroud spare thinking about it...

£1,500 in Norwich

For sale due to petrol prices.

any more info on this???how long has it been built what miles are on it,any oil leaks,pics?any probs with it?

oh and is it ono

My mate built it and put it in his bus a couple of years ago as a weekend toy. I've done less than 500 miles on it. I can find out how many he did this weekend.

Was originally built to go in a bug, DKP style with hefty cam and big valve heads, hence why it's a high revving lump. Ideally it would be better suited for a bug than a bus because of it, but I've had great fun with it in my bus.

There's a couple of tiny leaks but overall it's a pretty dry engine. Because of the cam and heads you'd need to run big carbs, it WON'T rev with chokes less than 34mm so you need to jet it accordingly...
I'll give it a freshen up before sale anyway.

I can probably supply a clutch and pressure plate, and although I want to keep hold of the carbs, I might sell the manifolds as they're match-ported to this engine.

The only problem I've had with it has been carb related, not the actual engine.

Price is pretty firm, but might consider part/ex on something interesting.

I'll be in Chimay from Wednesday until Monday, but it ain't going anywhere if you're interested.

If you want to ask me any questions you can get me on MSN at ollatron @ hotmail.com (without the spaces).

Cheers,
Ollie

Latest posts