• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 Devon Torvette Tin Top RHD - £7500.00 ovno

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyh

Reaction score
It’s a sad day but I have to sell my 1968 Tin Top Camper. Sad to see her go as we've enjoyed loads of holidays to Devon, Pembrokeshire and a trouble free trip through France to Northern Spain but we're no longer using her much so best to go to someone who will make the most of this quality van!
She is a RHD Devon Torvette conversion (original plaque on passengers door). She is fitted with a later twinport engine (AD model) with alternator. I don’t have a service history for her but I have just serviced her and fitted a new 009 type distributor. The interior is mostly original and includes double slide out bed (legs stored under seat along with table leg) Main section of bed re-foamed with dual density foam, small and large dining table, twin hob gas cooker and grill, wardrobe/storage seat behind driver, easicool cool box and overhead locker at rear. I have fitted a propex gas heater under the rear seats with separate gas bottle supply, so the van is lovely and toasty even on the coldest of winter days. There is also a safe (brought from Machine Mart) hidden in bottom of wardrobe behind driver (this is only bolted to floor so can easily be removed (but not by a thief) but is very handy for storing passports extra and is err very safe as its not one of the flimsy underseat types). Its also has a 110amp leisure battery. The three bow roofrack (originally from Just Kampers) has been modified to allow a surfboard to be stored easily alongside the storage area, which is reduced but prefect for a couple of chairs and a table. The Front seat are a little dirty and with some weld splatter burns on them and would probably benefit from a re-cover.
She is fitted with a Cobra alarm and solenoid release/locking to the driver/passenger doors
The engine is basically standard except for the 009 dizzy, but has been converted to run on unleaded. There is a Firetec automatic fire extinguisher fitted to engine bay for piece of mind
Externally she is running on 15” Empi 5’s and has been slightly lowered by one notch on rear and by cutting and twisting front beam (no adjusters). One off paint scheme, but sadly this is now showing some signs of age with some chips and bubbles, specifically on the nose, bottom of doors(new genuine door seals included in sale), tailgate and engine lid. The bumpers are both solid but the paint has straight to peel off the edges so really need repainting. One of the hinges on the engine lid is worn out and I have a replacement but not got round to fitting it yet. The sliding door has had a westfalia louvered window fitted for extra ventilation at night (original glass included in sale)
She was recently MOT’d on 7th April with no work or advisories and recorded mileage was 36378 but I don’t think this is correct for the van but have MOT’s from 2005 showing mileage starting then at 20980). Obviously she is tax exempt but is taxed till next march. For Sale at £7500.00 ovno.
OVERALL A TIDY VAN READY TO ROLL FOR SUMMER - PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR TO SEE MORE PICS OR FOR ANYINFO I HAVE MISSED OFF HERE. I'M JUST OFF J43 OF M4 NEAR SWANSEA
CHEERS FOR LOOKING, TONY

PS If you want any specific photos please contact me and i will do my best
PPS Photos to follow as its says my board attachemnt quota has been reached??

Photos

Help, it keeps saying "sorry board attachment quota has been reached" Can a moderator offer any advice? Am i just being thick (most likely to be honest!).

Thanks

Tony

Advice here on how to add pictures to your thread http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Photos - Thanks to everyones help i think this link will now take you to some photos - fingers crossed. Thanks agin for all your advise.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49857252@N07/?saved=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4578670333_b766c264ac.jpg

Nice van ,
its not too hard to upload the photo's ......... just follow grahams link ...
cheers BAZ

Sadly not a sniff of interest on here, so she is going to have to go onto ebay.

I'd rather someone who knew what a great and rare very early bay van this was had her, than some festival wannabe, but there we go, ebay it is :eek:(

Latest posts