• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 sun roof deluxe og patina beast.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ratty1959

Reaction score
Hi all just seeing if there will be any interest in my early bay?
It's a 1968 Montana red sun roof deluxe model, running og paint, tubbed and notched front and rear by evil bens, engine and trans raise.
Engine is a 1955cc with twin dellortos and flys with the type 4 box. Full westy interior all be it not 100% complete or mint! But, r&r bed, buddy seat, wardrobe, sink unit with spice rack, rear cubby and pillow.
This bus is a testament to its last two owners, the money spent was in all the right places as I've not driven an air-cooled motor this good!
It's running a 2" narrowed beam and air shocks on a manual valve to give it that extra height and comfort when driving! I love this bus to bits but I've brought it before thinking about it as per usual... I have to many cars!!

Since I've had the bus I've put it on steels with new tyres, installed new jail bars all round, and trimmed the drab panels in coffee sack.. Needs a decent floor and head liner, I have the ply for the roof and new felt for the sunroof, I've installed new gears and cleaned and greased the cables for the roof, although it does still need a few tweaks.

This bus gets all the looks sounds amazing and holds it's own on the motor ways! Ready for spring.

13k Jai 07814845163

null_zpscc9106e0.jpg

null_zps89469f33.jpg

null_zpse7b4ed02.jpg

null_zps4f6de003.jpg

null_zps7d2a8156.jpg

null_zps2ee3badb.jpg

By decent floor I mean wood/carpet not metal! This bus is sold, been up on the lift at my mates unit and waxoiled, bus also comes with a new JK full cover.

Cheers y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.