• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 tintop (maybe sunroof) microbus wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyrooo1

Reaction score
I'm only putting the feellers out just incase anyone has what i'm after as i need to be quite specific and i'm not in a rush.

Must be a 1968 van as i want one the same age as me. (May 1968 would be awesome)
Must be a microbus not a panel conversion.
Must be rot free chassis and main panel wise - not bothered about dents or bad paint but i do not want massive welding so i'm obviously looking for a west coast import i'd guess - lhd is not a problem.
Not fussed if it has an engine it will be going diesel.
Not fussed if it has interior as it will be a dayvan/daily drive eventually.
Would rather it be standard height and not messed with.
I imported my latebay myself so i'm looking on the samba but i'd rather buy in the u.k so i can see the van 1st.
If anyone has or knows of such a van let me know but as i say i'm not desperate at the moment unless the perfect van turns up.

Hi
I have a May 68 Microbus currently being restored, I also have a splitty and the Mrs doesn't want me to have 2 buses. I am not here to mess you around and might sell mine, but at this time it's only a might. My splitty was done by the same guy currently doing the 68 and he's done a stunning job. It's currently stripped and all welding done, now unlike some people say all welding done mine actually is done!

It's currently in zinc primer and just needs paint and putting back together. Its a 9th may 1968 from what I can get from the m-code decoder. The guy I bought it from imported it and I bought it from him, here on the forum.

Now its original colour was Neptune blue and was going to have it the original Neptune blue with white roof, I paid 6k for it and spent a further 3k to date on welding and replacement parts, all photo documented.

The guy I bought it from said it just needed painting, unfortunately he was telling porkies!! My restorer is a perfectionist and I can prove that with my splitty, he's now made that one awesome and the 68 would be the same.

It is a push button model as well. Applied to Germany for birth certificate but the micro fish with details on was not legible.

P.M me for more info if interested

It is a "deluxe" model and the casualty on shipping was the windscreen so that would need replacing. Also has all the chrome inserts in the window rubbers.

nice offer and it's only 9 days off my birthday! But, i don't want one that's being sorted by someone else i'm looking for something like an import that's been sat a while etc, kind of like the stuff midland early bay bring over with no engine that's solid but needs work, also without sounding tight the price is too rich for me, i want to spend a bit less than that to be honest, i've got a figure in my head and i'm not going to let my heart rule my head with the price.

rickyrooo1 said:
i'm looking for something like an import that's been sat a while etc, kind of like the stuff midland early bay bring over with no engine that's solid but needs work.

Have you pm'd graham Ricky, you never know he might have something in the pipeline? :D

I haven't pm'd anyone as yet because as i say i'm only putting the feelers out right now and would need to sort out the funds so if someone was "desperate" to sell i wouldn't want to mess then around if that makes sense?

68_early_bay said:
May 68 bus :mrgreen:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seen it, i'm not sure on that one, to be fair i'm searching already in the uk at the moment will import if i need to for thhe right one, no rush the right one will find me.

gumbo said:
You selling the poo bus rick?
nope, hoping to keep the late as a camper and get a tintop early as a daily and put a diesel in it......

I have a 68 westy tintop will that work texas ...that's where its at it pretty good bus and its cheap ,
email me
John
theovalguy @ yah oo.com
take out the spaces I do that for spam

theovalguy said:
I have a 68 westy tintop will that work texas ...that's where its at it pretty good bus and its cheap ,
email me
John
theovalguy @ yah oo.com
take out the spaces I do that for spam
mail sent.

I'm toying with the idea of selling my 68,

I know you want a project to do yourself but it'll be basically brand new underneath (all bushes, balljoints, brakes, wheel bearing, air shocks etc) with a newly rebuilt 1641 (will sell minus engine and box if need be) but the body and interior will be as is.

Build is here.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

89Rallye said:
I'm toying with the idea of selling my 68,

I know you want a project to do yourself but it'll be basically brand new underneath (all bushes, balljoints, brakes, wheel bearing, air shocks etc) with a newly rebuilt 1641 (will sell minus engine and box if need be) but the body and interior will be as is.

Build is here.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i expect it will be too expensive for me?

Well since you haven't put what you expected budget is I don't know :shock:

I kind of glad you said that though, makes me realise it's worth more than I think cause I honestly have no idea :lol:

P.s I'd love to keep it but I really need the funds for my 71 project and her in doors isn't too happy me keeping two vans. :cry:

Hi fellow Champagne II owner! I have a lovely May '68 Deluxe with Westy interior nearly ready for sale!

Cheers

Latest posts