1969 Tin Top - 'Nanny'

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreadie

Reaction score
Joined a little while ago, then forgot, then realised again, so here I am, and here she is..

IMG_3263.jpg

Bought her in May, the first bus, so beginner alert!
Took me a year to convince the guy to sell her to me, he owned it for 30 years and cried when I drove it away!!
Got it for a total bargain too.
She's British RHD was originally a panel, but was converted into a camper 30 years ago, never been welded, and rock solid... Got some BIG plans for her, some of which have already began :)

((The reason for the name - the guy I bought her from said he'd only sell her to me if I kept her name!! 'Nanny' - after Nanny in Count Duckula!! LOL!))

Have a 1968 bug, and a mk1 golf clipper cabriolet too..
Heres a pic of each of those too, just for shits and giggles, as you do..

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

Not bad for a girl :D

Thanks guys :) worked bloody hard on that bug, pretty pleased with it!

Now the hard work has started on the bus, and we're proper pleased with it so far!

We are going for a bit of a different look on this one..
We went a bit mental with bamboo and rope, put it that way!!

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00095-1.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00156.jpg

The floor is aggregate in resin, or along those lines anyway, the bamboo was bought as a fence, then unweaved, cut, and stuck with grip fill, piece by piece.. Bamboo is NOT my friend any longer!!

ultimate goal is this.....

IMG00148.jpg

Things have started to move really quickly as managing to get a couple of hours a day on it at the moment, luckily, so we are stonking on right now... Hoping it doesn't change!!

Any feedback is always welcome :D