1969 Westfalia Interior.... What should be in my bus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeDeeTheBay

Reaction score
Hi All!!

I was wondering if someone can help..... I have a new bus and was wondering what the interior should be like.

It's a Westfalia built in 1969.

It has a pop top, R&R bed, wardrobe and sink/coolbox and buddy seat.

I'm just not sure exactly if what I have in is right as it differs slightly from the interior in my 1970 tintop.

Would someone be able to post some pics please so I can see if there's anything i need to change/get rid of?

Thanks!!

DeeDee :)

Not sure if the 69 is any different to the 71 Westy but it should have all the things you mention plus the overhead 'headbanger' locker.

What exactly is different between the two? Might help people advise which one is correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 69 has the lift out sink , s/steel one with no drain hole! Think this was a 69 only for a while thing

simo said:
My 69 has the lift out sink , s/steel one with no drain hole! Think this was a 69 only for a while thing

Yes, sink is (should be) the melanine top with pull out bowl and no drain - no vent pipe to the roof either. The 70 will have a stainless sink top.

No overhead locker in a 69 either, they still have the mesh/string net.

A 69 will have the buddy seat with the magazine rack next to the bulkhead, 70 maybe(?) had a thinner back section and different storage aperture.

Latest posts