1970 Deluxe lhd Texas import

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1970Deluxe

Reaction score
Thought i'd have a go at putting a couple of pics up of my newly aquired early shirley.Its a 1970 lhd Deluxe in montana red.It was originally supplied by Morris Volkswagen of Arlington Texas to a Mr Earl Parrish of West Point,New york on 18.5.1970

I have only had it a couple of months but am planning to take it off the road over the winter for a bit of a makeover and maybe go a tad lower :)
024.jpg

The front panel needs attention as it has been re-organised at some point in its life and is starting to go a bit under the screen so thats the main priority and sorting out the dented drivers door.
It is completely solid underneath...quite scary really
ByRKwCWkKGrHqJjQEw5fJ-7D5BMTIlVqz_35.jpg

Saw this at T2d Chilli night , looks well tidy . Welcome to Earlybay 8)

Cheers fella's.It is a solid bus but has work to do.Some of the panels are about as straight as dale winton but it looks tidy so not a priority for a while yet.Dont like trailer queens so it has to be useable and not the end of the world if anything happens to it.
Its quite bizarre that my other play thing is a 1970 Deluxe viva which is pretty rare now in itself and has also never been welded(virtually unheard of outside of concourse circles) so anything 1970,solid,Deluxe and i'm in there like swimwear :D
camper012.jpg

whoa class Viva mate, i was ferried around as a kid in the same shape Viva but it was a Brabham GT that my Mum use to drive, oh to have it now! 8)

lol...you'd probably prefer this one...4.6 TVR lump,4 linked back end with Jag powerlok diff machined to fit,Huffaker inlet manifold,mallory dual point,edelbrock carb,Silly ported heads etc etc.
There are some good vids of it on youtube under v8viva
I finished building it and got bored.My son threatened to never speak to me again if i sold it so it had to make room in the workshop for a fellow 1970 stablemate!
Oh and the chilli night...that wasnt me....that was the guy i got it off

1970Deluxe said:
lol...you'd probably prefer this one...4.6 TVR lump,4 linked back end with Jag powerlok diff machined to fit,Huffaker inlet manifold,mallory dual point,edelbrock carb,Silly ported heads etc etc.

Nice work fella, sounds the nuts 8)

Well....i know its been over 25 years since i left school,but thought today was the day to put my woodwork skills into practice and start laminating my interior which had been in a fire at some point in its life.Chose the side unit first as it didnt look too much of a drama and was really pleased how it turned out.
R+R BED 2moro and then will leave the sink unit for a rainy day as i have to find a left hand door first
003.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

1970Deluxe said:
Well....i know its been over 25 years since i left school,but thought today was the day to put my woodwork skills into practice and start laminating my interior which had been in a fire at some point in its life.Chose the side unit first as it didnt look too much of a drama and was really pleased how it turned out.
R+R BED 2moro and then will leave the sink unit for a rainy day as i have to find a left hand door first
003.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

awesome skills any more info on how you did it? something I'm contemplating doing on my 68 westy.....any tips greatly received LOL

Well...that was nearly it for a bit,but my new leather seat covers turned up this morning so couldnt resist fitting them after work.Not the finished article as they need packing a bit in places with wadding but they will ding dang do for now.Note the state of the drivers seat and why i was in a hurry to get these fitted!
camper007-1.jpg

camper011.jpg

camper009.jpg

Cheers mate....did originally intend on selling the viva to fund a bus but when push came to shove,i couldnt part with it.Really bizarre tho having 2 1970 deluxes that are solid as a rock
Check out v8 viva on youtube :D

Latest posts