• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 factory sunroof deluxe 11k

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtp1970

Reaction score
Hi all,

thanks for looking.
I have decided to put my bus up for sale.
The bus was imported nearly 2 years ago from Seattle and i was the first owner here in the UK.
Its a 1970 sunroof delux, the sunroof works on the handle.
I completely stripped the sunroof down last year as it was siliconed shut and stuffed with newspaper, turns out it just needed a really good clean and a new seal which i got from Kieft n Klok last year
The bus has been lowered on adjusters and slammed T2D shocks.
It has just had an engine rebuild by Rapid Rodent Racing and is driving lovely, I'm in 2 minds if to sell it but I've always had thing for type 3s and i really want another square.
it leaks a bit of oil from the gearbox but it doesn't and hasn't caused me any problems.
It has all of the original trim.
I built the interior myself, it isn't amazing but it has plenty of storage, R+R bed, buddy seat and curtains.
Right! It has a couple of little patches on both outer sills but really nothing to worry about and also both sides behind the dog legs (see pics) that need a little TLC, however there was never any mention about them when i had the bus MOT'd, they just look a little untidy
There is also a tiny patch on the drivers side floor, i can get pictures of this part later or can send it if anyone wants to see it?
other than that its a really awesome bus.

Please feel free to ask any questions.
I have done a lot or research and believe £11,000 (negotiable) is a fair price for a very cool bus.
I am near Stansted airport Essex

Sorry about the interior pictures, its a bit of a winter dumping ground and I've got a really bad back so can't get it out at the moment.

[/URL[URL=http://s1338.photobucket.com/user/curtpwalsh/media/1970%20deluxe/IMG_8686_zps0bf61a72.jpg.html]

NOW WITH A YEARS MOT

Make me an offer peeps you never know I could be feeling generous?

curly1 said:
Has the rust issues been sorted out ???

Hello dude,

No only as the buyer said they would sort it.
I have another potential buyer that is happy
to get it sorted but if it falls through then I will start getting bits done

Latest posts