• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 fuse box WANTED!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbope

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I know this is a long shot but Im after a fuse box 411 937 505 A.
Apparently they made yellow and white ones but they are a one year only part.

Im doing some wiring on my bus (leisure system,stereo etc) and wondered if anyone had the elusive paet!

Cheers!

They use relays that you cant get ,use a 72 fuse box and then you can get the relays(same as late bay)just need to mod 2 wires. if I remember its one to the headlamps and one to the indicators but it was simple(for me!!!!!)

Hey 67panel - thanks for that. I didnt realise that the bits are hard to get...never thought about that! I have a full functioning fuse box that I adapted to work - I just HATE the way it doesnt fit the correct bracket - I basically secure it in place with strategic cable ties....Always paranoid somethings gonna short against the bodywork under the dash! :shock:

Not sure which year mine is but the flasher ( black rectangle plastic)and dip relay (silver rectangle just "hang" as from the pics I have seen on the samba show these components "plugged" into the base of the box. 8)

I have the bracket there......just need the fuse box....... :?: :roll:

the yellow ones split down the centre and all the fuses fall out :shock: think a white one is made of a nylon type material and is better BUT still has the relays that you cant get.the black 72>fits the same bracket so is a direct replacment .

Oh right - I think I have a 71 which doesnt fit to my bracket.

Will keep an eye out for what you suggest - cheers for the tip off.

Will have a rummage at some auto jumbles in the season.

Cheers,

Jim

I've got a 70/71 in the nylon type material in pretty good condition.

DSCF7302_zps47f91e52.jpg

I've left all the cables connected so it's easy to ID when replacing, not particularly complicated anyway.

DSCF7303_zpsff696de1.jpg

Of course I didn't take a picture of the part number but can confirm it's 411 937 505 B so it's not the "A" part you are after but any good either way? £15 plus postage

If this isn't taken can I please have second refusal.
Cheers sam

Hi - thanks for posting - - I will pass on that one and wait for the elusive part!

Its all yours Sam....

Cheers,

Latest posts