1970 Pearl white Westfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d716dfd7044144b74c599f5c7eea11b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job, do like the bus.
I'm close with mot and registration and wondering if you can drive when mot passed on us plates while registration comes through?

Marshy said:
Nice job, do like the bus.
I'm close with mot and registration and wondering if you can drive when mot passed on us plates while registration comes through?

Hi, thanks for the comments on my bus, to answer your question, the first insurance company would insure my bus on the chassis number (so I could register it) but wouldn't be able to drive it until UK reg, I needed to drive it back from the place it had been worked on, so tried another company (Peter Best insurance) and they would insure and let me drive on chassis number for up to 30 days.
It took 12 days from start to finish to get the UK reg

cf5e93496ccf97e66171a8c0f4de918a.jpg

Glove box had this hole already present, not sure if original, but it saved me drilling the dash
680978453e5d3680a13f40c44858ca5b.jpg

Fits perfectly in the hole
cae3f19e2745887445e0b04a401801c4.jpg
no messy leads hanging out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking Bus and nice job on the refresh.

I like how original it is, am I safe in saying this is gonna stand out from the crowd and stay stock height?

Ps. I like the power point in the glove box think I'm gonna do that too.

Great mod with the glove box mate.
Yes still after rear markers.
Cheers
Sam

snow_pikey said:
Great looking Bus and nice job on the refresh.

I like how original it is, am I safe in saying this is gonna stand out from the crowd and stay stock height?

Ps. I like the power point in the glove box think I'm gonna do that too.

Thanks for the comments, it's staying stock height, it's a bit more fun hitting the speed bumps when your riding high.

Power point was just by chance, was about to cut a hole then see one there already, looked factory, not sure???
It lets the power lead for the sat nav tuck away nicely and not leave wire hanging out every where

*Sam* said:
Great mod with the glove box mate.
Yes still after rear markers.
Cheers
Sam
Are you after the silver side markers, as I may have a pair of Deluxe ones that have the chrome affect finish. Nice shape but not perfect

Strangely my bus already has the chrome ones on, just the ears have started to break up so that would be great.

What genius is that anti rattle strap!! I've used a bit of sugru on underside but I'm sure it's still moving about. Another item added to the to-do list, thanks :D

Latest posts