• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 rhd tintop Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevdonlon

Reaction score
final price drop before i sell my t4 instead £9k no offers

RHD never welded Australian import Deluxe

owned by me for 3 years then sold so i could build a drag beetle (approx 9k miles since i stripped and rebuilt it), when it came for sale again i bought it straight back as i knew how good it was

bus002.jpg

bus024.jpg

mostly original paint (Australian only colour Honey Brown), all original panels, the underside is as new, i stripped it applied several coats of Finnigans No1 primer,primer,stonechip and finally covered it in body coloured paint all seams were sealed at the time, all the interior cavities were waxoiled

DSC00734.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

bus023.jpg

The camper is fitted with a vented disc conversion, all the rest of the brakes were renewed at the same time

DSC01815.jpg

there is a adjustable narrowed beam with Koni adjustable shocks, all the balljoints and steering components were replaced approx 9k miles ago, the rear has Gaz adjustable shocks

The wheels are polished Radar replicas and are in great condition, the tyres are again about 9k miles old and have years left in them

bus008.jpg

the cab area has the original seats recovered with TMI covers in brown, this matches the brown/cream deluxe door panels, a new headlining and sun visors are fitted, the rer has a camping interior based around a Devon conversion, 3/4 rock and roll bed (eaisly useable as a full width by using extra foams on top of the cupboard), wardrobe, buddy seat and swing out cooker (not shown), the cushions have been made to suit by J&S upholstery in Doncaster
bus007.jpg

the engine is a rebuilt standard spec 1776 twin port on a single standard carb with a stainless exhaust (it had new heads, bearings, barrels and pistons, a new clutch was fitted approx 8k ago), it runs faultlessly and cool the gearbox is a standard late bay box and is quiet and changes gear easily, all the gear shifter bushes were renewed

it drives great and is utterly reliable and is probably one of the best buses on the market at the moment (especially RHD), if it doesn't sell then i won't be too disappointed as i have put a lifetimes worth of effort into it to make it right

Pricewise, i am after £9.5k and it will have a mot till next oct

located in Stoke on Trent nr J16 on the M6

thanks for looking

Kev
07825 014827

One word, WOW!.

I was very tempted last time you had it up for sale. This is exactly what I was looking for back in 06 and couldn't find anything close. Ended up buying the Dormy, but have got caught up in the "keeping it original" thing.

I have, what I was told by a guy called Jamie who sold it, is the original OG beam off this on my Dormy now!

Very best of luck with the sale, I will be buying a rake of scratch cards this coming week, if any of em come in, I will be in touch!.

Bump to the top for the coolest RHD in the country 8) 8) 8)

Hi all, this is a super solid bus i owed it 4 the last 2 and a bit years before Kev bought it back . IT NEVER LET ME DOWN.Good luck with the sale Kev.

Kev, I first saw your bus pre-earlybay at the DeLuxe lineup at Vanfest (and isn't it a pic from there which is your avatar?). What a bus! If I'd known this would have come up for sale I'd have been very tempted! Someone is going to have a quite superb bus. Good luck with the new project.

Mike F said:
Kev, I first saw your bus pre-earlybay at the DeLuxe lineup at Vanfest (and isn't it a pic from there which is your avatar?). What a bus! If I'd known this would have come up for sale I'd have been very tempted! Someone is going to have a quite superb bus. Good luck with the new project.

happy days dude

DSC00982.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts