1970 tin top westy resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think at some stage some lads were slam dunking on the roof...either that or the same twats that worked on Nellybus had a pop at roof lining... but it's been sorted...

18022008006.jpg

The ball joints have now been replaced, the 30T press got to 15T before they popped out - tricky little Nad's...

18022008007.jpg

.. And it's now in the spray booth!

18022008002.jpg

.. A quick insight on the color, but it will be a pastel white top half ..

18022008003.jpg

..GET YOUR SHADES ON!! The tinware has been done......

tinware1-1.jpg

tinware2-1.jpg

tinware3-1.jpg

tinware4-1.jpg

We were going to do the beam and suspension in the same color to contrast against a black underside..any thoughts?

We were going to do the beam and suspension in the same color to contrast against a black underside..any thoughts?

How about "do not adjust your sets"? ;)

Maybe not everybody's cuppa but top quality work :)

Green and black - Kermit geeting it on with a black sheep - not to sure :wink:

Cool mate would love to see this any chance of popping up to see it :roll:

No worries, I'm trying to get there some time on Friday, if that works - PM your Mobile and I'll call you in the morning with a time.

Looking sweet, how many hours have you or 'Joe' spent on prep for paint, as this is something I will have to pay someone to do on my bus, not a clue on price, expecting a few grand including paint.

The garage your working in looks well equipped for all eventualities, compared to a windy driveway.........keep up the good work looking forward to seeing the finished article.

I have been trying to avoid asking myself the same question... We started in the first week of January and have been working on it every week since then (give or take the odd day). I'd say 150-200 hrs - maybe more.

The prep' time could have been reduced a great deal if I wasn't so damn fussy, but the quality of the paint work depends on how much time is spend before hand.

Obviously the more prep you can do yourself (before the nieghbours stop talking to you) the more you will save. And good luck! it looks like a nice bus you've got there,.

this bus looks super straight in primer it will look great in glossy 8) .

been going trough a few painting DIY books and they all say the same thing... thats its all about the Prep. I was talking to a painter mate of mine and he reckons it would take him 40+ hours to prep a bus that size so i think if i double that it would be closer to the amout of time il have to spend. I'm gonna try to do my own as i already have the gear to hand. If it goes wrong ill just sand it down and start again.

this is gonna look amazing and a pretty fast turnaround only started in Jan... nice! :D

Try approximately 320 hours, that includes the stripdown, welding, engine tinware, and all the prep to date.

I excluded the beer stops Dave!javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink

My humble apologies Sir...

simpsons aircooled said:
Try approximately 320 hours, that includes the stripdown, welding, engine tinware, and all the prep to date.

See you tommorrow Will

What would that be at commercial rates ? About 10K ish ?

Looks phenomenal mind you..

the hours of sanding catch up with you in the end! :lol:

Latest posts