1970 tin top westy resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update..

Spraying the inside is now done, following the same line as outside - lower half beryl green and top half pastel white.
28022008005.jpg

The outside body is finished bar the doors, flattening with 1500 grade and polishing..
Sides6.jpg

Sides3.jpg

Sides5.jpg

The interior has been started, hopefully I'll will have some photos soon, but I have sorted out the faucet pump - the chrome was badly pitted and being nickel cast it melts if you acid dip it, so one damn good polish later...
P3010139.jpg

The head lining has been made up in Baltic Birch and is ready to fit as are the side panels, door cards and front kick panels - all in Baltic Birch - going over to see them next week, hopefully get some photo's then..

Will,

where did you get you headlier etc made as i am missing a few of the smaller pieces..

Jon

loom should be done in a week or to week and half if all goes to plan

Very nice work.

Don't mean to piss on yer chips,but check the piece of tinware that goes over gearbox it looks like a beetle one no extention.

Steve

Rubbish on computers so i've done the easy way for me
311qbl2.jpg

The black one is the piece you need to check,yours doesn't look like it as the extra extention on,it could be just be the way it's laid for photo.Hope i'm wrong but better to find out now rather than when the engines in.

Cheers Steve,

I guess it's the way I laid it out, all the tinware was original when it came off the bus before we worked on it. That's not to say it'll go back as easily as it came apart though!

Thanks alot,

Just been over to see it today while it's outside - Joe's been at the 1500 grade and polish ! They have done a superb job on the paint, it's dead flat and without a blemish - I'm well, well chuffed :D :D

P3070154.jpg

P3070152.jpg

P3070156.jpg

P3070179.jpg

P3070159.jpg

P3070167.jpg

P3070153.jpg

P3070189.jpg

A day or so to put it back together and Job's a good'un!

Latest posts