• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Westy Cali Poptop Bay FS OG inside and out WITHDRAWN

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Scammell

Reaction score
1.jpg

3.jpg

ct0007.jpg

ct0009.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

38.jpg

35.jpg

34.jpg

33.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

015F.jpg

016F.jpg

34df0.jpg

0002.jpg

7654.jpg

0002.jpg

8.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t77/Benscammell/9.jpg[img]
[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t77/Benscammell/bvxc.jpg

A spur decision to sell our (first) prized Westy bay to fund our first split restoration (God help us)

In brief: never welded, no bondo, excellent condition, with a number of OG extras (plaid curtains, toolkit, mustard tyre-cover etc. MOT'd and registered and tax exempt until late Sept. Strong 1600 TP engine 28-30 tot he gallon, very frugal on oil. We've never had an issue or problem with this bay and are the first UK registered owners. Bone dry and solid. A few minor niggles, mainly cosmetic, nothing serious. Included are the original blue Californian plates.

Independently insured/valued at 9k before we had the floor done, immobiliser etc, extras added Current valuation 10k.

Original poptop and canvas. Full pro installed immobiliser, OG pastel white paint (beautiful), servo-assited disc brakes so stops like a modern van. Stock height, stock through-out, stock interior in very good condition. Extras such as OG rear fly-screens etc etc. 3 rear belts for children, plus OG bunk, excellent condition. New Newton front carpet etc, chessboard cab flooring etc. Lacquered original birch play headlining and cards - lovely.

Please contact me for an exhaustive list of details/pics. I have pics of the pop-top up, bunk, canvas, rubber seals, inside cabinets, underneath, everything etc

bs007h7637(at-sign)blueyonder.co.uk

I can honestly say we have never had a problem since owning it last summer, and have used it constantly, including trips to Devon surfing. It has never been driven on salt/grit, still has the original factory underseal (and paint) underneath. It has always been washed down after trips, and waxed every week.

Added: forgot to say it has its origianl fully working heat exchangers - quite rare.

If you like lowered buses this is not for you. If you like original buses with original fittings and OG paint that are reliable and stock, then drop me a line.

Price - 8k. No time-wasters or hagglers. It is priced realistically to save going round the mulberry bush endlessly. Will drop price slightly if we keep the OG curtains, tyre-cover etc

Regards,

Ben

All PMs should now be replied with pics. Yell if I've missed you out.

We're in Bristol btw, near M4/M5 interchange.

Regards,

Ben

Hi All,

Please check your Inboxes since some are full (Dave, Alan, Reece, Sarah, D) . There are a lot of pics. Hotmail, yahoo etc dont have very large limits and you need to clear them out manually.

Any questions, I'm on 0117 9742817

Regards,

Ben

Ben

It may be easier if you posted photos to the site via photobucket, pictures on here will help your sale,

Hi Graham,

Yup, that wwas going to be my next move, but got carried away by the sunshine and spent the day out in the bay :). Got to make the most of both while they last....

I may already have a sale if someone can sell their bay quickly enough.

Will get pics done shortly.

Cheers

Ben

Pics added, please see first post.

Sorry if they take a long time to load.

I have 50+. Please email for full file (15+ mb)

No part-ex or staggered/delayed payments - sorry!

Ben

Will be going on Ebay shortly (I was hoping to avoid that fate). Quite a lot of serious interest but also a lot of drunken offers. We have no interest in Mazda Bongos (is that some sort of drink? :) )

Regards,

Ben

This is bang on the money and can't believe it hasn't sold.

Good luck.....but you'll be back to the way of the bay soon though :mrgreen:

Thanks Faux.

After alot of initial interest it seems much of it is bedroom dealers looking for a quick flip. A couple of people have asked why it isn't more, implying there's something hidden or an ultimerior motive...there isn't. We're selling for what we paid, not to make a profit.

It doesn't help that I should probably have said how many it sleeps (3 or 4 using a front cab bunk), has the coolbox fridge etc

Today I saw a lime-green '77 bay sell for 9k (I was there). If this doesn't sell within the next few days we will be putting the price up to 8.5-9k.

Surely there are genuine buyers out there who appreciate straight buses, original paint and interiors?

Ben

Ben

I know the feeling we have a 68 Pop Top Westy for sale that we thought would fly out of the door at £7750 but only had a few bites and as you say in peoples eyes there must be something wrong with it as its too cheap but its a really sound bus thats had some repair work but to a really high standard and is as solid as a rock, again perhaps we are not asking enough either :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Odd, we thought we'd get some serious interest here. So far we've had time-wasters.

I see buses with cheap shiny re-sprays hiding god-knows-what for the same money.

I'm guessing straight, stock buses are out of fashion?

Oh well.

Ben

Withdrawn. Will sell elsewhere.

Wasted 4 days sending pics and detailed emails to people that want to pay nothing, talk crap
about how re-sprays are worth more, rip out the original interior, and lower it to the floor so it can't go anywhere. Seems to be mainly kids and bling merchants, or bedroom dealers.

Especially when you see quick blow-overs in orange-peeled 2-pac and rattle-can finishes for the same price.

Not annoyed, just amazed.

Ben

I think you have to accept a certain amount of hassle when selling, Sold mine within 2 weeks but did spend 2 hours per night sending photos and video clips.

Nothing puts me off more than a seller complaining they havent sold their 'wonderful' bus. Come on 4 days is nothing! it didnt cost you anything other than your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts