• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 bay deluxe microbus for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim_adi

Reaction score
as much as it brweaks my heart to do it, circumstances change, therefore my beloved bus is for sale

1971 bay deluxe microbus, left hand drive, originally imported from california about 5 years ago - ive had him for the last 2 years.

obviously tax exempt (current disc till november) MOT till april 08.

strong 1641 with twin kadron 40's.
lowered at the front using RED9 design's eazi-rider kit, and at the rear by one spline.
genuine 14" detailed Porsche Fuch's with spacers and locking wheel nuts and good tyres (spare is a standard steely with a never-used tyre fitted).
stunning dark metallic blue / white paintwork.
inside, he has genuine empi low back bucket seats upfront. In the rear, there is a genuine westfalia 3/4 rock n roll bed (full width when using the "bumper" over the units) and top locker and a range of cupbaords / storage which include a built in coolbox.
all trim panels and upholstery have been re-covered with a striped material which matches the blue of the paint.
I have a full set of JK thermo pads which will be included in the sale.
the current install consists of an MP3 head unit, 6 speakers, 1 sub and 2 amps and may be included depending on what price is agreed.

there are a couple of points which need attention:
the engine leaks oil - i believe this is coming from the filler neck, and is falling on the pulley which throws it round the engine bay.
passenger side cab floor has been patched a couple of times and eventually will need replacing.
the spars between the quarterlights and fixed panes at the drivers side rear are rusted through - one piece glass would be and easy fix.
The window rubbers on both cab doors have perished - replacements (genuine german ones from C&C are included in sale)

all in all this is a stunning bus which has given me 2 years of unforgetable memories.

I'm looking for £8500 (may consider p/x for a decent type 25 multivan)

for more info, either pm me here or call 07971 845279
PICT0011.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

DSCN1375.jpg

DSCN1374.jpg

DSCN1376.jpg

DSCN1377-1.jpg

DSCN1378.jpg

DSCN1379.jpg

open to offers

my current daily is on its last legs so i need the cash from this to buy summat else - prefferably a late model T25 bluestar

anyone looking for a swap / cash

my mate hads has got £6 k burning a hole in his pocket i know its not what you want but you did say offers- i could possibly lend him a bit how low will you go pm me and if the price is right we'r only an hour away.
paul
ps sorry if i offended you

still got the door heater channels / armrests which will come with the van

i may have a spare engine seal / gasket kit as well

a couple of weekends work and maybe £100 on bits will have this baby perfect

slim_adi said:
there are a couple of points which need attention:
the engine leaks oil - i believe this is coming from the filler neck, and is falling on the pulley which throws it round the engine bay.
passenger side cab floor has been patched a couple of times and eventually will need replacing.
the spars between the quarterlights and fixed panes at the drivers side rear are rusted through - one piece glass would be and easy fix.
The window rubbers on both cab doors have perished - replacements (genuine german ones from C&C are included in sale)

after christmas, i'll probably start attending to these........and the level of negotiation within the price will lessen as a result

if you're after an early bay, i'm still open to (sensible) offers

Soz you not shifted it yet (plus glad you still got it :wink: )

Wrong time of year to sell a mint bay by the looks of things :shock:

Latest posts