1971 Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super shine!
Well done matey 8)

tintop1970 said:
God Si, its looking good. You got it put back together pretty quick. Puts me to Shame!!
Took 4 weeks in total, a mates double garage (always help to be indoors :lol: ) and alot of tea.

ant said:
Looking good froggy :)

I can't help thinking that there may be something missing tho..... can't for the life of me think what :) ;)
Ha ha,
Dont think it will be this year though mate as were looking at some alloys and remember what you said about getting some miles on the new rubber.

panic_fan said:
How is it lowered? Like the way it sits!
Its a permanent 3.5 inch drop at the front and a 1 spline rear end drop although thinking about going for the red9 2-4 inch drop just to get some adjustment (or maybe fit some adjusters)
Harry UK said:
Nice paint job, look forward to seeing it round Telford - if only for the next few weeks!!
It will be around for a few more weeks and will also be returning to shropshire for camperjam at weston park

Had a day off (the joys of shift work) and managed to wash it and also fit something new
DSCF1557.jpg

DSCF1556.jpg

Had these sat in the spare room for nearly a year :shock: so thought it was about time now the van is shiny'ish
Also waxoiled inside the new doors and topped up the steering box with EP80 Gearbox oil (after reading about it on another thread and its something i'd never done)
Planning on checking the engine timing, cleaning the plugs and then its time to book an MOT :?

Well it went for its annual examination (MOT) and came away with a clean bill of health. 8)
5 advisories but they are nothing really to worry about.
1. Slight play in steering
2. Slight play in fixed rod track rod end (wheel side)
3. Slight play in fixed rod track rod end (middle of van)
4. Slight play in rear wheel bearing
5. Engine oil leak

Might order a complete drag link then its 2 & 3 sorted in one foul swoop (might also tighten up the steering so thats possibly 1,2 & 3 sorted)
Rear bearing just needs re-greasing and adjusting and the oil leak is from the sump oil drain plate so as i said nothing to be concernend about.

Also found out we might be moving 12th June so fingers crossed

Wow Si. How have I missed your bus coming on so well. What a difference that has made.
Can't wait to see it at camperjam.
Jon

Latest posts