1971 Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a Shropshire star delivery van? :lol: Its looking good from the pics Si. Presumably your keeping it Neptune blue when your mate sprays it?

I'll see you at dubfreeze if your going?

From the distance you took the pics from, looks like a nice job :D

tintop1970 said:
Is that a Shropshire star delivery van? :lol: Its looking good from the pics Si. Presumably your keeping it Neptune blue when your mate sprays it?

I'll see you at dubfreeze if your going?
Yeah this is its final colour, hopefully we'll just flat it back and give it a few more coats then polish it up.
Dont think i'm going to dubfreeze :cry: , i'm at work that weekend :evil:

Quick update:- Nopthing yet confirmed but hopefully by the weekend after easter it will finally be sprayed all over :D
Then its just the liitle jobs to complete (interior, cab floor carpets, under seat carpet, headlining etc etc)

looking really good

try dubholstery.com for your seats, top fella is ant good prices too

The time has come! 8)
DSCF1487.jpg

This is the camper moments after we stripped it ready for its new paint

DSCF1488.jpg

In my mates garage

DSCF1489.jpg

The other side

DSCF1490.jpg

The front after a bit of sanding down, filler and some high build primer (looking good)

DSCF1491.jpg

The drivers side after receving the same treatment

DSCF1492.jpg

1 of the new doors trial fiited and suprisingly its a very good fit (Brand new pattern part)

DSCF1493.jpg

Time was getting on so i stripped the ripped and tired looking roof lining out

gninnam said:
[SHUDDER]Roof lining[/SHUDDER] ;)
Yep its a swine but coming along nicely, just gotto work out how to glue it around the after market sunroof that is fitted :?
Also had to move the rear interior light to the other side of the support bar as the mounting loops on the new headlining fell directly in-line with the lamp :evil:
Will try and get some updated pics at the weekend as the vans at my mates house

Hi. Nice to see it coming together.

Should look great when it's done. 8) 8)

What shows have you got planned this year?

At the moment only got planned Camperjam and Malvern due to moving in either june or july (If all goes to plan then we move to Surrey on July 2nd and then travel all the way back up here to goto Camperjam the weekend after :lol: )
Will be looking for a few more shows once we have moved though

Hoping to get it back home on saturday or sunday so will update with pics then, the roof (after quite a few discussions) is white, all the windows are back in with new seals (including the windscreen so that should save me a fortune on relays :lol: )
Just the rear hatch, the engine bay lid and the sliding door runner cover to paint in blue and the bumpers in white.
Then it will betime to start thinking about interiors, need something in place before late June as we are also going to the glastonbury festival

spot on matey :mrgreen:
can't wait for more pictures.

Looking good and sounds like the end is in site to this part of the story ;)

Finally the time has come to update with a few in-process pictures before revealing the finished article (well externally), so here goes, be kind :lol:
These are a couple of photos from when the van was in my mates garage half way through
DSCF1496.jpg

DSCF1497.jpg

and here a few more once i got the van home
DSCF1506.jpg

DSCF1504.jpg

DSCF1503.jpg

Still a few more little touches to do (black & silver number plates) and a wash and polish just to get the shine but i'm over the moon with the outcome and even more importantly the wife and daughter are happy :lol:

Latest posts