1971 Devon Sunlander Pastel White

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johns

cheers for the info i will be havin a look some time this week, i will let you know how we go on

pk1was said:
when i get chance to get out when it stops raining i am getting this bumper thing done.

have the bumpers got a different paint colour/code than my van which is L90D pastel white

cheers

Great looking van, and tidy refurb! I thought as your at paint stage, your above question should be answered correctly - its Pastel white for the bumpers from Aug '70 ('71 model year). I have the same year bus as you in the same colour combo.

Gareth

cheers ubercool.

its on adjusters at the front and lowered 2 splines at the rear, were on standard rims with 165/60r14 tyres with beetle rear shocks all round. had absolutely no problems at all, fully loaded last year no scrubbage of tyres on arches, never hit a kerb or speed bump, just the very tip of the exhaust sometimes touches the floor depending on how harsh the humps in the road are.

im only in Atherton near Bolton, noticed your in Lancashire, feel free to come and have a look whenever you want or have a chat about he lowering.

wozza

not updated for ages, but basically the person who was doing the work didnt know what he was doing, i was working away and he rang me for some money saying he had it in primer. it looked like this

DSC00081-1.jpg

anyway, long story, but we moved it eventually and found someone who knows what he is doing and it is on its road to recovery after many a month sat around and been totally bare metalled. it presently looks like this, hopefully we should be seeing some progress around christmas

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00461.jpg

Nice to see progress moving again and in safe hands - look forward to the updates, must be chuffed to see it coming along!

yeah more than chuffed, i have collected most of the parts to put it back together, although im shittin myself thinkin about rebuilding the dorrs and putting the seals and scrapers on to new paint.

hopefully should be back for the 2010 show season, not that im entering any just gettin pissed ina field is fine for me

I know what its like to have somebody doing work on your van, who's workmanship is shite. At least you've rescued it before he did too much work (I did exactly the same).

I thought it looked pretty tidy when you got it to honest. It'll come good in the end

I do like the look of this van before you run it to a bit of rotten luck i ran in to a bit myself when doing my resto,i have one the same 71 devon in cool white running on gas burners but i think im going to go back to the steels with hubs etc as i have them in my garage,you have converted me back cheers.
Best of luck with your resto

cheers
leon

Nice work you are doing on your bay.
Can you pls let me know what method was used to bring the van to "bare metal" contition?

Thanks

it was media blasted, took two full days, it is a lot messy and can cause major damage if not careful. i did a bit of damage to mine i trashed the engine lid trying to rush and warped the metal.

formed panels are fine but flat panels are so easily damaged.

should have more of an update come the end of the weekend, things are progressing nicely now :p

some more progress on the camper this week, i will let the pics do the talking, smell the paint mmmmmmmm

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00540.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

stoked

couldnt believe my eyes. its been a rollercoaster but at last things are starting to look up. i spent about 10 minutes just staring at it thinking the paint was still wet :lol:

lookin good fella andy{uber} is gonna be well jealous!!
keep up the good work the northerners are comin!!!!!!
andymac............

Thats right, the northeners are a coming.

cant wait now to get it built up and back on the road. im looking now at replacing the roof bellows, anyone have a clue where i could get some from.

Latest posts