• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 SUPER Cheap RAT westy bus 1,054.70 GBP

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theovalguy

Reaction score
1,054.70 GBP I have this bus for sale.. its a 1971 westy very very solid but ugly rat look.. KING RAT actually.. I can send more pics of it ,its a project, and ugly, but its got solid rockers belly pans, a complete interior, a engine, and a title..its ready for a new home
I have sold over 225 buses to uk in last 3 years (not inc porsches and other classic vehicles in that) .. and other countries. I have friends and dealers all over europe and can provide as many references and pictures of the bus as wanted to make sure that you feel confident in what your buying.I have friends in middle of england, bristol, and norwich. Jeff in Bristol offers help with importation as part of his service and does work on them also.
I will show you these pics and if you want more i can take whatever you want. I usually sell clean or super clean buses but this one came along cheap so I figured I would pass it along cheap and try to make someones christmas wish a little easier to obtain this year..
I have not even cleaned it up inside or outside and that will save you more money.I will clean it up and do all that if need be. I have not tried to turn over the motor even yet.
I can see the nose has damage down low easy fix especially since you will want to fix it with a new nose skin.. bumper is hanging and looks like shite but just need to be reattached.This will be done before shipping..
Interior is pretty good except overhead on bed is delaminating and coming down..
any more questions just ask..
Oh one thing I do sell my buses cheap! NO HUGE markup, and I do not haggle! My price is my price,and its always the best or cheapest I will sell for.I have enough parts on them i could make this price easily cut up,I just know someone there would want it ..
I have friends there that can help with any import worries you have, and I would tell you my price includes getting it from here in dallas texas to the houston port.There it would be containered and sent to uk and probably recieved by kingstown shipping, there good guys, and they have now mentioned I myself am the largest exporter in texas of vw buses . I also will hunt any kind of other vehicle you want,mustangs, camaros,street rods whatever. I have 18 years of paint and body experience and have been a car nut since I was a kid. I like to find the vws most but I dont care, I like to find old cool cars and hook people up with them.
Let me see if i can help you,with this one or another one.
thanks for looking
wanna see more of me and my cars look me up on the samba gallery under the submitter ..theovalguy
thanks
john

ah hah
[img]http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/629909.jpg[/img]
629908.jpg

629912.jpg

629911.jpg

629913.jpg

629917.jpg

629916.jpg

629915.jpg

629914.jpg

629918.jpg

629919.jpg

629920.jpg

the last pic is to just show my yard and a few coming to uk soon next week..
all cars are sold so please do not ask about them..

surface rust almost only.. very few bad spots I can send more high resolution pics if you want them.. just email me.. john
will try motor this evening and see if it will turn through

Ok I did a run around of the bus. I looked at all I could find that was actually rusted through..
heres a list. NOT to say there maybe a spot or two i missed but I looked hard and this is a very fair estimate.
Nose needs replacing as its wrong year and dented.Although no rust..
front inner fenders have each maybe 1 inch that needs patching..
long wall rocker on driver side has a hole about the size of a very small pencil..
rear decklid(needs replacing) INSIDE at bottom has rust and I would just replace it.Its still closes fine
The right rear corner at the very bottom of the wheel opening has a spot thats going to be rusted through ,looks tiny and if you fixed it now would be maybe 2 cm square if fixed correctly.
The worst rust of all is the passengers side door on the bottom where your butt would slide over it,the edge is gone ,its fixable but why the door looks like shite anyways..
the passenger side floor has a smallish hole patchable easily again maybe 4 inches by 1.5 inches wide. Just realized i never looked at drivers floor ..will do that today..
and last but not least the dogleg on passengers side has to be repaired,its maybe 3 inches by a inch or so..
so as you can see its a pretty solid bus, just a ugly duckling..great rat bus like i stated..and how many westy poptop campers do you see at this price level..NONE i bet..
It has a motor i cannot get to turn through moves freely a little. I think since sitting since 1996 1997 the cylinders are stuck.The guy i got it from said they drove it till parked then lost intrest in it since they got a nice newer bus with camper cookers and all in it.I have the title ,it rolls good,(have fixed flat tires now) and i do not want to cut it up and send a whole bus in another bus.. been doing that some lately also just not worth my time and hassles.. easy to sell that way though .. thanks for looking.any questions email me..
Oh fibreglass top has a crack and the metal frame for the top will have to be reattached also..

John

I think its a good price but we are finding that a lot of people want finished buses ( or nearly finished buses) rather than taking on a full blown project which I think this bus falls into. I'm sure someone will buy it sooner or later :mrgreen:

i think the problem is, it costs the same to ship a perfect bus than it does to ship a tatty one so when you facter that in i think mmost brits would spend more and get something better to start with. saying that, if id not comitted so much time into my bus i would be on this like a shot. it could look v cool with a quick polish and a wack with the lowering stick.

Ok thanks guys ,i understand that.. I was really wanting to see if anyone was even ready the links.. hope you all have a nice christmas.. I will try to post more picd later today if I get a chance.. and double check my price/ as I THINK i may have done some adding wrong when i calculated the price of this bus.I had two brought in at the same time and I may have made a mistake in the math ,I need to check, I was in a hurry thinking i might make someones christmas better if i hurried and posted this asap.
Well of to work now.. thanks again guys
john

ok best price before it gets the axe with the sawzall... i offered it to others for this price so here it goes.. 900 ukp pounds.. or 1400 usd.. can help with shipping and includes price to cover getting it to the port of houston.. found a few more small spots that might need some attention but only if you plan to make it a raelly nice bus in the end..
john

Hi John, I've seen a few of your buses that have come into the UK through Barry in Norwich and I have always been impressed by how honest they are. This looks like a bargain for someone. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts