• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2way fridge (gas + 12v)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin.sim

Reaction score
Hiya

The missus is nagging me to get shut, anyone know roughly what they are worth ?

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

martin.sim said:
Hiya

The missus is nagging me to get shut, anyone know roughly what they are worth ?

All depends, on brand/size/age/condition if it all works etc :mrgreen:

Pics help loads :mrgreen:

I'll dig some more out, got this pic of it in my old bus, can't answer questions without looking :)
ade3ugyv.jpg

I'm not sure what it's worth & don't want to rip anyone off or sell myself short. I saw a proper shitty one the weekend for £65 at a show so mines gotta be worth £180 ish ???

Try find out the make and model martin (photo of the serial plate) .....your £180 may not seem so laughable if its a decent branded fridge. These sell for anywhere of £300 upwards new, so I don't see that as a bad price to be honest!

Cheers bud, I dig it out the weekend (if not sooner) with the hammocks.

That`s a Domestic RM 122 I reckon - brilliant fridge , not the Electrolux RM 122 which is dated and pretty poor to be honest .
I paid £60 for a virtually unused Domestic but that was a bargain . It freezes ice cubes in about 4 hours which is 100% better than the Electrolux , when I could get it started . Tried to sort it out many times and spent a good few quid on parts but got nowhere !

Should get £150-180 if someone wants a really good fridge .....

lasty said:
That`s a Domestic RM 122 I reckon - brilliant fridge , not the Electrolux RM 122 which is dated and pretty poor to be honest.

Apparently Electrolux fridges became Dometic, so essentially they are the same fridge.

The way to tell is to look at the front of the fridge:- on the new Dometic RM122 the flue is on the right hand side. This is per O'Briens camping web site. If Dometic, the 'as new' price is upwards of £300 for a 2-way, the RRP is £400+.

Apparently Electrolux fridges became Dometic, so essentially they are the same fridge.

The way to tell is to look at the front of the fridge:- on the new Dometic RM122 the flue is on the right hand side. This is per O'Briens camping web site.

All the above is basically spot-on , however the Domestic is much improved .
Internally the Domestic has an oblong cooling element at the back of the fridge and one piece plastic coated white wire shelves whereas the Electrolux has an shelf type element on the right and 2 piece dark brown plastic shelves .
Best way as kev H says , is to look which side the flue is on .
I`d say a Domestic is worth twice as much as an older Electrolux - basically the same but much newer ..

lasty said:

The way to tell is to look at the front of the fridge:- on the new Dometic RM122 the flue is on the right hand side. This is per O'Briens camping web site.

All the above is basically spot-on , however the Domestic is much improved .
Internally the Domestic has an oblong cooling element at the back of the fridge and one piece plastic coated white wire shelves whereas the Electrolux has an shelf type element on the right and 2 piece dark brown plastic shelves .
Best way as kev H says , is to look which side the flue is on .
I`d say a Domestic is worth twice as much as an older Electrolux - basically the same but much newer ..

Martin - clearly whichever version you have will make one heck of a difference to its value. Hopefully it is a Dometic and so might be a win/win for both you and whoever buys it. :D

ureqadu7.jpg

vameva5a.jpg
apuva7u2.jpg
ypatetab.jpg
qyjereda.jpg

Looks like it is the better one, any idea of rough value ?

Latest posts