3 point rear seat belts in a danbury?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MATTT

Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone in here have a standard Danbury interior and fitted 3 points rear belts?
I've fitted some lap belts ,think they were securon ones last year.but they are a pain as they drop down into the cushions and you lose both ends ,they pull out and clip together OK but once they start to retract they won't pull back out like inertia ones do ,unless you retract them right back and pull them out again
Also I did want to fit 3 point ones anyway
The van has mounting points I've seen a few variations online with the top as the retractor or others with a short bracket mounted.but none of these with the Danbury rear seats
Just wondering what set ups have been tried already
Thanks
Matt

The inertia reel 3 point belts can be used where the seat is up against the side of the van but if it is set in due to a cabinet you would need to make a very sturdy frame to mount the reel further out from the side of the van.

This might sound simple but remember that in an accident the load on the seat belt can be the equivelant of hanging an elephant from the belt. Sorry if i am the bearer of bad news but when it comes to safety it is bestvto be informed

I looked into this a bit and found I kept coming back to going for a full width rock and roll, especially as I don't really use the sink unit.
I liked the idea of trying to make my original Danbury interior work for us but unfortunately it looks like it will be coming out this year sometime.
Good luck

Ross

This is over on late bay

http://thelatebay.com/index.php?threads/uber-rare-rear-3-point-inertia-seatbelt-bracket.18366/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts