4" adjustable beam now installed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark6455

Reaction score
As Above
My good mate mark89rallye on here took on the challenge and used his mechanical skills and got it in in no time

So first he notched the rear as my drive shafts were rubbing an the chassis due to down one spline and horseshoe plates
c5801ca8.jpg

Then the beam arrived so out with the old rusty death trap

e17ca885.jpg

And in with the new(to me) 4" narrowed adjustable beam

9c16ae18.jpg

Back on terra firma
7ae76a73.jpg

fcaa73d5.jpg

Test drive went ok need to fiddle with my shifter as only 1,2 and reverse at the mo
The adjusters are right at the top so plenty more room for coming down some more :eek:

Even if it won't drive I'll just look at it and smile cos since mark lowered it off the jack we both started to grin like Cheshire cats and still am

Low and slow it's addictive

Mark

8) looking good Mark!! Someone was a good boy last year if old sandy Claus brought you that. :D well jell as the essex crowd say. Makes mine look like a dune buggy!

All the best to you and the family mate. Hope you had a good one. You going to dubfreeze this year?

If I knew the photos were going public i'd of pulled the weeds out of the driveway :lol:

Looking good dude, got to be better than that old deathtrap of a beam.

I'm saying no more....

DSCN3500.JPG

Heebee_GB said:
8) looking good Mark!! Someone was a good boy last year if old sandy Claus brought you that. :D well jell as the essex crowd say. Makes mine look like a dune buggy!

All the best to you and the family mate. Hope you had a good one. You going to dubfreeze this year?

Hi Gaz
Same to you dude and yep will be.whats the plans for your bus?

Hi Gaz
Same to you dude and yep will be.whats the plans for your bus?[/quote]

Plans are to get it lower and convert the hubs/brakes to Porsche so I can get my rims on. I've got a load of goodies to put on that I've been collecting just haven't got the time.

it's nice to see something a little different, lowered on a 4" narrow beam with a viking roof, just out of interest is your van 6 berth ?

thanks dudes

yeah she sleeps six nice and snuggly.
my step daughter and five of her 20 year old uni mates slept in it one weekend outside the house on the drive and said it was nice and comfy of course i did keep having to check on them to make sure they were safe ;) ;)

Mark6455 said:
thanks dudes

yeah she sleeps six nice and snuggly.
my step daughter and five of her 20 year old uni mates slept in it one weekend outside the house on the drive and said it was nice and comfy of course i did keep having to check on them to make sure they were safe ;) ;)

WOW :shock: :shock:

She's looking good m8 :D :D

Thanks for your comments dudes all credit must go to 89rallye though he did it all

Cheers mark

Cheers Chris she will go lower but I think she looks just fine at the mo
I've only had a quick drive round the block so not really tested her out yet,she's still sitting on marks drive I'll try to collect her before the weekend it's a 20 mile drive home so should get a feel of the new set up

Next job-body work lower screen etc

:lol: You know you were moaning Mark about me doing your axle on my own, I found this on my pc and thought of you...

Now anyone that tells you a camper axle is heavy, bare this in mind... it doesnt take a 16ton fork truck to remove it.

I did this one on my own, yes probably breaking all the rules.

IMG00005-20090925-1323.jpg

IMG00006-20090925-1323.jpg

And sadly since they have reduction gears made of a substance softer than butter, its not uncommon to have to remove them.

IMG00032-20111104-1214.jpg

Would be quite expensive to narrow one of those :lol:

Effing hell mate I feel better now .Health and safety nonsense gets beaten again

You getting excited yet not long now

Latest posts