50 years of the Bay Window Anniversary plans?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micko68

Reaction score
After a brief chat with Clem at Earlybay Campout recently, I was wondering if any plans are being made on how to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Bay Window next year. I know it's early, but this to be marked with a big event I reckon, maybe a cruise and Campout or Cruise to an existing event.

Great idea, I'm gonna aim to have my westy on the road for the entire show season then perhaps I can join in !

Stanford hall normally mark vehicle anniversaries but I don't if it's for when production started or when the model released.

All the more reason to attend next years ```Early Bay Camp Out``` for 2017. This years one was a run away smashing success, next years will most likely be even betterer with the fifty year thing in mind too. A couple of additional events wouldn`t go astray I know, especially if there`s a beer or two involved and possibly a BBQ, and maybe a camp fire too :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sounds Just Perfect :mrgreen: :lol: :p :lol: :mrgreen:

I'm gutted my bus wasn't ready for the camp out this year, We're definitely up for a 50th anniversary meet and the camp out next year! :mrgreen:

Davydomes said:
I went to a BMW Isetta 50th anniversary in 2006. They tried to get 50 Isetta's to attend, they managed 38 (they are rarer). Could be a target for the meet - 50 EB's

Jus sayin ;)

I don't think we were too far away from that number this year, so if we manage to keep this thread alive and in people's focus throughout the year, we should smash that good and proper for next year. After all it's only gonna happen just once, and I don't think I'll still be driving for the big one hundred years :lol: But!!! You never know do you

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Another fifty years of welding!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will be attending the EarlyBay camp out next year, if you guys will have me! (Chances are after 1 weekend with me you won't want me again!lol). As for any 50th anniversary events, I'm happy to offer my services and attendance....did someone mention beer???

sparkywig said:
There are plans for a "50 at 50" display at Bristol Volksfest next year.

That sounds brilliant Senor Wig, ( I`m back from me hols bud) :roll: Lets hope there are a few things on for this big year :p I bet Dave is cooking up something as well ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Well ha might be now !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will definitely be doing the camp out again and after getting 43 in the line up this year I see no reason why we cant get 50 next year, we should try to get as many as we can at most events next year.

if the dates don't clash as they did this year i'll be there with my E reg collective...... and Tim lol :roll: :lol:

Lets hope there are a few things on for this big year :p I bet Dave is cooking up something as well ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Well ha might be now !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

O Yes ozz your right :mrgreen:

We'll be there!! Can't not celebrate their birthday's right?

We're having our own shindig too... (Ish?) our boy wasn't in the best shape when we got him so we're hoping to have him back to all his glory by his birthday (we are checking the date via birth certificate at mo)... His 50th is also the same time as my 30th so were hoping for a Euro Trip! Italy here we coooome!

ozziedog said:
All the more reason to attend next years ```Early Bay Camp Out``` for 2017. This years one was a run away smashing success, next years will most likely be even betterer with the fifty year thing in mind too. A couple of additional events wouldn`t go astray I know, especially if there`s a beer or two involved and possibly a BBQ, and maybe a camp fire too :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sounds Just Perfect :mrgreen: :lol: :p :lol: :mrgreen:

im with oz on this the Early camp out was brilliant and a high light for me this year seeing all those lovely bays lined up :D :D :D

doing that again would be GREAT

Latest posts