65psi oil presure........is that to high?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats just shy of 4 bar, does the pressure come down on idle? what rpm are you doing at 55mph?
mine used to run at around that at around 3400rpm and drop down to around 1.5 bar or 21psi at idle when fully warm.
sounds ok to me, a good healthy engine.

what spec is the motor? cc, oil pump etc, how old, ie milage, have you compression tested it.

kev mc said:
at 3400 rpm i was doing 80mph 8) 105 @ 5100rpm ;)
What gearbox are you running thats like 23mph per 1000rpm 8)
The spec of the engine 1641cc twin 34icts w110 engle cam ported heads i rebuilt
it about 2000 miles ago it runs fine nice and strong 8).
I just thought 65psi was a little high :roll:

that was in my splitty, 67 box flipped diff straight axled and a 1955cc stroker.
i would say it seems ok, are you running a breather? if the motor is not peeing out oil then i would not be too bothered with that pressure.

No its not pissing out oil, yes i have drilled out the valve cover and fitted extra breathers.
I've checked the pistons relief valve they were not stuck and changed the remote oil filter and the pressure is still the same. :?
What was your oil pressure like in your 1955cc motor. :D

it was 5.5 bar cold (77psi) and when at 95 - 100 deg around 4 bar (56 psi) @ 3400 rpm dropping to 1.5 bar (21 psi) at idle. fully breathing, ext filter and cooler with approx 5mtr of oil hose due to the cooler being mounted nearer the front of the underside.

Latest posts