68 OG Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the times my withdrawal symptoms kick in and I long for a stock early again ... :(

Repeat after me ... I like my current bus, I like my current bus

Really nice bus, look forward to hearing more of your adventures

Looks great. :mrgreen: That interior looks very good

Please though, change those fuel lines and fit some clips :shock: :D

Reborn bay man said:
Thanks for advice Mike,do you think fuel lines are dodgy....

They look a little old, there should be clips on the pipe either side of the filter. I'd always change all fuel lines ASAP as a matter of course. That's one van that needs preserving! I love it :)

Thanks
Coast,cotswoldiver,Ted and Mike for cool comments.
Will take your advice Mike and replace fuel lines and secure with new jubilee clips.You will see her soon as I want to bring the bus up to you for waxoiling.

As promised Christmas is here :lol:

Florencethecamper063.jpg

Door seals,new canvas poptop and seals

Florencethecamper064.jpg

Window seals,Jalousie seals

Florencethecamper065.jpg

Front window and opening quarter light seals

Florencethecamper066.jpg

Side lights and indicator seals

Florencethecamper079.jpg

Westy stool and original tool kit also came with bus

Check out the cab floors
Florencethecamper069.jpg

Florencethecamper070.jpg

Florencethecamper072.jpg

Florencethecamper073.jpg

Amazing original condition and paintwork

Florencethecamper082.jpg

Spaniel got in on the pics as usual.
Hope you like pics,more to come.I'm excited by them and it's our bus :party0006:

now that as Keith Lemon says is " Bang Tidy ".......i just love boxes full of stuff like that too.....keep the pics coming friend

ste 8)

OOOoooo....!!! Thats a box of goodies...!! 8) :mrgreen: 8)

Thanks again guys for encouraging comments. :D
Hi squareweave yes bought it from "woodslat" nice guy.

Checking out the engine cooling vents at weekend,no rust but found these illegal immigrants trying to sneak into UK.What do you reckon wasps or bee nests :shock:

Florencethecamper014.jpg

Florencethecamper013.jpg

Saturday morning made some temporary number plates whilst waiting for proper ones.Then thought suns out roads are dry let's take her for her first trip (only to pub and back)wow what a blast.Shock horror warm air from the heater vents.
She just gets better and better, even the wife is smiling :D

Florencethecamper077-1.jpg

Florencethecamper075.jpg

Florencethecamper076-1.jpg

A gorgeous van you have there, well done. So glad to see people enjoying a van. Look after her!

Some great photos of how panels/seams etc should look. Very helpfull for those of us who have van that have been bodged in the past....gives a good idea of how they should look! lol

On the subject of fuel lines. They should be cheched regularly and replaced once a year. It costs a few quid for a length of pipe and some well fitting clips. I see so many stories of problems with leaks and even worse fires. There is really no need for that to ever happen. Many van owners seem happy to spend thousands on lowering/wheels/interiors/bling etc etc, but overlook the cheap essentials. I recently stopped to help a couple who were broken down on the M4 due to their points being knackered. As I fitted a new (free) set for them (I always carry a few sets), they told me of how often they visited just Kampers and all the lovely bits and bobs they had got for their van (camper plates and cups and the like!). I recccommended that next time they visit they buy a few useful things .....like sets of points! lol

He's a handsome boy that Denzil.Springers are so full of life and they make me laugh after having a shit day.....
Thanks Toad for great comments re our bus.I agree with you entirely and have spare points,rotor arm ,condensor, plugs etc and a box of odds and sods on board in case of emergencies/breakdowns.
Will change fuel hose and fit new clips and post pics.

Latest posts