68 panel project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gman86

Reaction score
I finaly took the plunge and bought my 1st VW at the volksworld show, some of you may have seen it before. got plans to put a camping interior in it, lower it, get the rear arches fixed and get it sign written. Il post more pics as the project progresses.

SDC10868.jpg

SDC10869.jpg

SDC10870.jpg

new dash just waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive
SDC10880.jpg

empi short shift
SDC10881.jpg

a mess atm
SDC10882.jpg

old dash
SDC10885.jpg

thanks irish, it seems to be a solid base for me to start from as far as i can tell. no i didnt fit that window, i dont no the story behind the sliding door window, but its usful for checking my blind spot when changing lanes. that button is currently the home of the horn as the steiring wheel is shot and i havnt got round to fixing it yet.

been busy so far this weekend, put some insulation on the roof and sound deadening above the engine bay hopeing to get the rest of the insulation in and panel up the inside :D

SDC10901.jpg

SDC10903.jpg

SDC10905.jpg

Nice one Greg gonna do my interior soon what have you used for the sound deadening mate 8)

hey Grazy good to hear from you man, iv used tetroseal for sound deadening or tho i still havnt got round to doing the side panels yet im only planing on putting space blanket insulation sheets between the panels and wood. What are you planning on using?

well since the last post ive made afew changes to the bus, had some low pro tyres fitted, 55 on the front, 65 on the back, had the vucume hose fixed after rubbing a hole through it on the way to big bang resulting in the bus not being able to idle, a new empi twin exhast, and got round to fitting opening 1/4 lights that didnt turn out to be as hard as i thought it would.

alternator conversion, flamthrower ignition and red 9 coilover 4 inch drop kit all coming up next

SDC11084.jpg

OlBlew42.jpg

OlBlew43.jpg

SDC11115.jpg

SDC11118.jpg

SDC11119.jpg

SDC11120.jpg

Looking good now your putting your personal touch on it.Liking the opening quarter lights,would like to fit some to my panel
where did you get them and what sort of price am I looking at for a pair.
Phil.

bluebay said:
Looking good now your putting your personal touch on it.Liking the opening quarter lights,would like to fit some to my panel
where did you get them and what sort of price am I looking at for a pair.
Phil.

I got opening Quarters on mine mate as standard , If you check on here in for sale section , or at shows there is often some to be had , Sorry Gregster :mrgreen:

Yea we can't all buy vans with opening 1/4 grazy... how much u want for your roof rack? I got new 1/4s from VW heritage but the amout of shit I had with them I'd suggest sourcing a old pair at a swap meet mine cost somin like £200 or so I think... Happy with them now tho

thanks for the comment surfbus :D

been busy this weekend with help from my gf :msn4: got quite abit done, i got rid of my dynamo and put in a new alternator, fitted my new rnr bed, got my long stem rear view mirror in and fitted a oil temp gauge.

SDC11441.jpg

SDC12819.jpg

SDC12821.jpg

SDC12818.jpg

Latest posts