68 wiper arms

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dp

Reaction score
Anybody know which of these is the correct wiper arm for a 68 (got one of each on my van :roll: ). I'm assuming they both are as they both fit the spindle, but why the difference in them? Anybody got any ideas. Cheers.

grub screw type:
DSC02061.jpg

pinch bolt type:
DSC02063.jpg

They are really difficult to hold of replacements of either variety, so I would assume whoever replaced one got what they could :)
Mine came with two of the 'pinch' type fittings, but one was useless and has been replaced with a grub screw type, so I'm left with one of each as well!

The bottom picture is for a '68 Bay, well at least ours has a pair like that. As others have said, the other one is of the slightly later version.

Cheers for the responses. Also found this on while looking for one for sale:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=625678
The seller suggests the pinch bolt type is the later version, so still not sure why / when they changed, but it looks like they're both good for a 68.

A5H - sounds like we could both have a matching pair if we swapped one of each of our arms - send me a PM if you're interested.

i have grub on my old van and pinch on my second van,my first van is older.i prefer the grub for looks but they seem to work loose sometimes.

Latest posts