'69 Deluxe Arizona import…

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, Here's an update on what I've been up to since last time,
been quite busy at work so not been able to get as much done as I would like but any how.

I've finished off the welding on the load floor and given it a good coating in red oxide

I've repaired the pasenger cab floor and the front of the wheel tub

And given the whole cab floor a good coat of red oxide as well

New front valance fitted

It was crusty under there

Repaired the grill apperture

Got the old rotten, damaged front panel cut off and the new one fitted

So thats what I've been up to.

Hi Busman
I to have just brought a 69 micro from Texas .running a 1600 twinport fitted by previous owner, going to run her through the summer and get started on the resto end of the summer

DSC02056.jpg

DSC02057.jpg

DSC02058.jpg

DSC02074.jpg

DSC02073.jpg

DSC02071.jpg

DSC02067.jpg

DSC02065.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

Looks like a really good bus you got there, what are your plans for it, can't wait to get mine on the road finally. Hopefully get the old gal MoT'd next week. Full progress update to follow shortly

Hi guys, heres an update as to what I've been up to recently

My dash top has been painted and all the dash refitted, I've fitted some new period seat belts
I've finished the welding on the front panel and have decided to get the van MoT'd before painting it so I have fitted up all of the lights and bumper, grill, washers and wipers etc

I've found some replacement seats as mine were nothing but frames

And I've test fitted my interior units (originally from a late bay riviera) and started to make my R+R bed, I aquired a set of westi bed hinges, and colour coded the kick board to match the other units and yesterday I brought some flooring so that will go down tomorrow, so I will get another picture up with the flooring down

some more pics

And finally MoT is booked and Ive been on a test drive and all seems ok so fingers crossed

Well the MoT came and went and I've got my green ticket, Yay! Just need to register the old gal now

Coming along nicely! i'm hoping to G3 my bus shortly as well.
What bits of trim are you missing ? i've got a few spares in the barn, they aren't perfect but i can dig em out & let you know if you're interested?

Ok cool, I'll have a look and see what bits I'm missing.

Bit of an update, I've now got my CSP adjusters fitted to my front beam and it's now sitting a few inches closer to the tarmac, next up fit my horse shoe plates to the rear to get that down to match. Probably going to go for a slight nose down stance. Will post some pics soon.

Your bus is looking really good and I like the idea of nose down stance.... looking forward to your future posts

Cheers guys. Ther rears got to come down but then the front will more than likely come down some more. Plus I've got some smaller Tyres to fit to the front yet aswell

Here's a pic of what it looks like at the minute with just the adjusters on the front

Well happy this morning my registration number has finally come through from the DVLA!

Just a few update Pictures, I've finished making my R+R bed and as I posted earlier my reg as come through

Hello guys haven't been on for a while so here's an update been quite busy recently,

I've got myself some Mexican blankets to cover my rock and roll bed.

I've lowered the back end, it does still have a nose down stance but not as much now the back ends a bit closer to the tarmac, but after some driving and using it every day I've decided that the front needs to come down some more. (pictures to follow)

After what seemed like the longest week ever (doing a bit in lunch times and after work) I've now finished my front panel and its now all painted and back together, I just need to get a badge and ariel to complete it.

Prep....

Ready for some primer....

High build primered....

Primer blocked and ready to lay on some paint....

Freshly painted.....

And back together

After heading up to Nottingham to visit relatives, the van decided it didn't want to play ball,

Heres how the weekend panned out,

Friday night rush hour, just collected my other halves brother as he was coming aswell, whist sat in traffic I stalled the van and went to re-start as you do and absolutely nothing, the battery had gone completely flat.

Friday night, half an hour from our destination we are nearly in a collision due to someone pulling out on us

Still Friday night nearly at our destination the van decides it want to stall at every juction, ass twitching due to the earlier insident with the battery going flat

Saturday all seemed ok

Sunday on our way to visit relatives at Queens hospital in Nottingham, half an hour down the road I can smell burning, think shit! look for somewhere frantically to stop, pull into a petrol station forecourt (probably not the best idea, should have seen the chap in the shops face!) shut the van off and ran round the back expecting the worst and this is what greeted me

phoned the RAC, 20 mins later the bloke came out and agreed that it would have to be recovered, he called base and ordered a truck, 45 mins later phone call asking if the truck had arrived, which it hadn't they called the recovery company only to be told that the truck that was coming to rescue us had been involved in an accident! (I dont know what happened to the driver before you ask)

Over 2 hours after the inital phone call we get rescued

Once back at the workshop and stripped down I discover that the oil cooler had let go.
Also that while in the States the engine had been changed from a single port to a twin port but whoever had done it had failed to change the fan housing and oil cooler to the correct ones.

So with the cooler, cooler seals, fan housing and relative other pieces of tinware, rear main oil seal, flywheel 'o' ring and push rod tube seals changed and engine and tin cleaned and painted its back together and on the road again

Some good work youve done on that bus, hadnt realised it had been so long since i read you post. In your cargo floor did you cut out the seat mounts, weld in new corrigated stuff then the seat mounts back over the top? Gotta do the same with mine but got a two seater middle seat in and want to keep it for a while :)

Also just realised your from around my way :)

Must get myself to one of the Club Meets one week

Nugsy said:
Some good work youve done on that bus, hadnt realised it had been so long since i read you post. In your cargo floor did you cut out the seat mounts, weld in new corrigated stuff then the seat mounts back over the top? Gotta do the same with mine but got a two seater middle seat in and want to keep it for a while :)

Also just realised your from around my way :)

Must get myself to one of the Club Meets one week

Cheers pal it's taken a year on and off to get it on the road, and they are never finished

Umm sort of, I cut ou the seat mounts then used a section of floor from another van to repair the holes but because I wasn't putting the seats back in I didn't refit the mounts

Where do you call home? I'm only in Banbury

Airtime said:
Sweet deluxe! 8) Great job on the front panel.

Cheers pal, I've got my brother partly to thank for it, he's the one who laid the paint on. Not bad for a 19 year old

Not been up to much recently but thought I'd post an update as to what I've been up to

I've finally got my horseshoe plates fitted, all I need now is some shorter rear shocks so the back ends at a good height now and consiquently I've dropped the front down a tad and fitted some smaller front tyres, but I think it still needs to come down some more.

Here's my HSP fitted will get a picture of the whole van tomorrow

Latest posts