• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

69 Deluxe Sunroof Cali bus forsale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StripedHemi

Reaction score
Hi guys

im selling my bus due to losing my storage...

£8k

Here's a link to the advert with all the details

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181531264269?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

69 Deluxe bus, it came over from California and is very solid its also very straight too not all bashed up, the corners are very very nice..

Ive had it about a year and have been gradually getting it ready for the road but unfortunately im losing my storage and have nowhere safe/secure or dry to work on it so its now for sale

it had an engine fire while in the states and thts what took it off the road, I bought it here already in the uk and since owning it ive done lots and its very nearly ready now

ok where to start? ok so the sunroof was sealed over so I dug it out and have replace the roof panel as it wasn't great, the cables and mechanism have been stripped/cleaned & rebuilt and it works lovely now! something I really wanted was a working sunroof, its all complete and works a treat

the dash wasn't great so I took it out and got a really nice donor, it has no holes cut or drilled, glove box lid etc al present and in real nice condition. the loom was removed and rebuilt completely as it was a mess under there, at the first turn of the key with a battery hooked up I had everything working perfectly! all the lights, indicators, brake lights everything is spot on, simple reason why I rebuilt the loom as I didn't want annoying electrical problems, rear lghts are all genuine swf parts and are working now perfectly including reverse lights, these are all wired up as it was in the US so yes it has red lenses and yes they flash with the brake lights etc and the front indicators are also sidelights but flash correctly, imo that's how they should be and I far prefer them that way, I built this for myself so that's how I wanted it irrelevant if its not something the mot man would like, there are plenty of places that arnt fussy! :)

the fuel tank was replaced also as it was rusty, the engine bay was burned so that's been stripped and is now painted, the new tank is in and I built a new loom from scratch specific to what I needed, im very fussy with electrics and the only way I would've been happy was to do this myself and as I say everything works as it should, theres a new electric fuel pump/regulator & fuel lines run ready for the engine (set up for twin DHLA's)

whilst on the subject of the engine, I had a newly built 1776 done for me by a local engine builder from an as41 case, opened up for 90.5's with all new internals, reground crank, new bearings thruout, all clearance and oil ways done, all balanced and put back together with new Mahle 90.5 B&P's with 043 stock rebuilt heads with new valves/covers etc rebuilt twin 40 dhla's and linkage, og tinware repainted ready to go, new j tubes and lots of ancillaries, oil cooler etc is all new, the gearbox is rebuilt and is as new, new cv joints etc

the brakes have been overhauled and other than a quick bleed/adjust once driving they are all good, its had new steering arms and ball joints also

there really is very little left to do, a weekends work really for someone with the knowhow, the engine at this stage is a built long block it needs the tinware and carbs putting on then fitting to the bus, I have the rear valence and the rear bumper, also a really nice new top tint front screen, it needs a n/s/r single piece glass tho I haven't got that yet

the body is very nice indeed, very straight, the doors are mint no rust at all, as is the decklid & tailgate, the long panel is so straight... unfortunately the rear arches were cut & rolled but I have got og arch panel cuts (don't like repro stuff) to go with the bus, underneath its very nice again with nothing needed, the cab floor corners are a little peppered and could do with changing and the battery tray has a hole in it but none of that is that important in the grand scheme of things

interior wise its pretty bare, I do have a few bits for it but wasn't my priority, the front seats are in and one door panel, all the cab door parts work, the glass is all there (except 1 piece) the rubbers are 40 year old Californian rubbers so later on would need replacing if they bother you, I have a mint black full width rear seat in the bus so there is something in the back to sit on at least.

to sum up - 69 genuine sunroof deluxe bus in delta green, all electrics rebuilt, engine freshly built, brakes all done, steering all done... probably tons more that ive forgotten also :/

bus is located in Braintree, Essex.. please call or text for info or message me here, im not interested in any px's or swaps as I don't have the space for another vehicle, unless its a chevy pickup truck that's on the road and in regular use that I can park on my drive

If you know what you are looking at then you'll understand this is a great opportunity and at a very reasonable price considering the model and the work already carried out, a little bit of finishing off and this will be £12-15k bus easy

edit: forgot to add that all the import duties have been paid and I have the Title & relevant paperwork in hand ready for registration

07735 606100

23jna61.jpg

Latest posts