• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

69 RHD crewcab project for sale.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

young_dubya

Reaction score
I really don't want to do this. :(

Anyway, I'm never going to get it done, I've a garage to build, a camper to finish and a wedding to pay for.

So, As stated it's a 69 RHD crewcab, rocking horse shit really. It was imported from South Africa in 2009 and has been dry ever since.

The chassis is rock solid with the exception of the rear bumper mounts which aren't rotten but have had all sorts of holes drilled around them.
I have bought Autocraft outriggers and was going to change them as a matter of course as some are dented and the others are probably full of dust.

I have fitted a good used front clip which needs finish welding but is lined up bob on.

I have started the N/S sill and fitted an inner from schofield but after buying one from Auto craft for the other side I decided to buy another for this side as they look far more original. I haven't fitted this but it is included in the sale.

It's a complete bus with a pretty tidy red interior (No door cards). The engine is all there but after taking the top end off, it needs a strip down and clean as the crank and rods are rusty. The loom is the standard 45 year old vw. Everything but the wipers worked when it was complete though.

Work to complete the body:
Near side outer sill
off side inner and outer sill (All panels included-Autocraft)
Cargo floor (inside) panels not included
A couple of bits on the windscreen surround
The outer front valance
The cab floors need a bit of work (Schofield panels included)
new out riggers are also included (No rot on the ones on the van but some are dented so I was going to swpa them out while I was into it)
The load bed has had two sections cut out (could be quite easily welded back in, quite straight for a load bed really) to help the SA owners fit a diesel engine, as such the rear engine bar mounts were removed and a late bay one (Badly) fitted when a VW motor was put back in. Some of the rear tin wear has also been removed in the process.
Gates are all there but need fettling.

As for pictures, it's exactly as it was in this resto thread:

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=529070

It shows most of the bad bits. If there is anything else you want pictures off then let me know and I'll snap them ASAP.

Price: £5000ono (owes me nearly 6k) but I am.open to sensible offers.
The van is in Bolton.

Cheers.
Ash

About time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts