69 Riviera

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcher

Reaction score
Since getting the Riviera over from US it has sat on my drive for a month.

Started to strip it out today, ready for some sound proofing and waxoiling

P1040689.jpg

P1040690.jpg

P1040691.jpg

P1040695.jpg

Nice moisture trap in the front panel :shock: :shock:
P1040694.jpg

P1040696.jpg

Original flooring
P1040701.jpg

P1040699.jpg

Groovy :lol: :lol:

loving my roof
P1040702.jpg

Shes a 1969 Riviera turret top, she was owned by an old chap in the US who really seem to of look after it :D :D
Got it's original paint and a SHED load of patina, shes going to stay that way!!!! No shiny paint work hitting this bus :D :D

Going to mop and polish her, wish me luck!!

Q's
It's fitted with a few deluxe bit. does that mean it based on a deluxe model????
Does anyone have anymore info on Riviera's?? i have drawn a blank on thesamba/goggle etc etc

Nice bus 8)

The M code plate will yield if it's a delux or not, what delux features does it have? because I have to admit to not being able to see any...save for the walkthrough bumpers (where they delux only)

What's your plans for it?

I still have pictures of one of your old buses on my computer :lol:

I had a red bench seat off you years ago, and I've never seen it, it went straight to the mate who collected it's house for storage :oops:

:)

Hello mate that's a really nice bus you have there hope it mops well!

By looking at your interior particularly the seat covers and layout I can confirm mine is a riviera to but a panel van conversion. A slightly earlier version though as I've seen the same in some split screen vans.

Where abouts was it imported from in the US mine was from Oregon?

100_0618.jpg

100_0619.jpg

Mike.

hi mike,

i posted on your VZI link

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=610639" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was original from Portland, came to me via Cali. :) :)

I'm loving it, you never see any other about. I have check out everyne of the shows i have been to this year and still not seen one :shock: :shock:
Not a top/turret/pop top to be seen :? :? :? :?

Looks like a good bus to start with Matt , are you going to drop it , I hope so 8)

Looks like a top bus mate i have the same riviera they are based on a microbus unless they are a panel van not very many around apart from yours i have only seen 1 other like ours. Definitely keep an eye on the sliding windows because if they are like mine they leak like a siv .I like the patina on the roof i think it would look awsome slammed .

I've got a 72 riveria from Portland there just like westy's but cooler as there isn't many around when mine came over it didn't have an interior but one popped up an here so I snapped his hand off but mine is in bits at the minute as it's getting a good whack with the lowering stick :)

Also I love the mirror think mine might have had a similar one looking at where's yours it's mounted

Rob

nice bus! certainly not common. it's based on a kombi though. Kombis in the US had some deluxe features (bulkhead walktrough bumpers, opening vent windows, padded dash) just like my 68 kombi.

Will be looking for what's next..

monkeyboy said:
Looks like a top bus mate i have the same riviera they are based on a microbus unless they are a panel van not very many around apart from yours i have only seen 1 other like ours. Definitely keep an eye on the sliding windows because if they are like mine they leak like a siv .I like the patina on the roof i think it would look awsome slammed .

I replied to your thread m8

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=30387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm loving your white one.

Did you replace the sliding windows or they the originals???

Liking the fact there different from a White Westy ( nothing wrong with WW, i have one :lol: )

It's just a break from the norm :D :D

roland said:
nice bus! certainly not common. it's based on a kombi though. Kombis in the US had some deluxe features (bulkhead walktrough bumpers, opening vent windows, padded dash) just like my 68 kombi.

Will be looking for what's next..

Cheers roland, that clears that piont up for me (youve got to love this site). Never want to try and make it a deluxe if it was never ment to be :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's going to save me a few extra £ on not having to buy deluxe window rubbers etc :lol: :lol:

It's going to a marathon this one ;) ;) but keep your eye peeled :D

marcher said:
hi mike,

i posted on your VZI link

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=610639" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cool you’re properly seen those pictures then, I haven't updated that thread in a while since I mirrored the thread on here
But following your question I have lowered it etc:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22116&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will update this thread soon with the work I have done to restoring the interior.

:D

Had no work today (the down side of being self employed)

So spent 7 hours on the bus :D :D

P1040704.jpg

Rotten flooring!!!! bloody leaking windows
P1040705.jpg

P1040706.jpg

42 years of sh*t
P1040709.jpg

Turret top needing a clean!!
P1040712.jpg

P1040711.jpg

P1040713.jpg

1/2 a clean floor
P1040714.jpg

Messy front garden
P1040716.jpg

Few treasures found!!
P1040718.jpg

Snow chains?????????
P1040717.jpg

Wife finish making her cakes (she's a baker) to help with the kitchen sink!!!!
P1040719.jpg

P1040722.jpg

i had a painter after the "school kick out"
P1040715-1.jpg

Found a couple of rust spots on the floor, it needs a little TLC,but no holes :D :D :D

More pics to follow

The windows are replacements because i could not put up with the leaking it would have rotted the whole sill out .I got them from south west splits he has quite a few sets in imports from oz .I would defo think about changing them i could not find any new rubbers that match

Good luck for a good lookin bus

Hey Matt, Shelly just pointed me to this thread, very nice bus mate. 8)

Cheers Ollie,

It should once it's done. You cant rush these things :lol: :lol:
Lots of plans ;) ;)

Hi Matt,

Love the bus....nice to see something different 8)

Also, im liking the T5 on the drive :D

Are you guys coming to Whitenoise in a couple of weeks??

Matt

Matt Maz said:
Hi Matt,

Love the bus....nice to see something different 8)

Also, im liking the T5 on the drive :D

Are you guys coming to Whitenoise in a couple of weeks??

Matt

Cheers M8 we are liking the Riviera alot, its going to be a break from the norm :D

T5 is some thing else :shock: :shock: :p

Not going to make Whitenoise :cry: :cry: both of us are working :roll:

Heres my 1970 Riviera...

RIVIERACAMPER-1.jpg

Imported from New Mexico...... Now like this

012-1.jpg

Would be good to have a Riviera register.. How about it?

Yeah would be good to get a load of photos together as it's pretty hard to find them

Rob

Latest posts