'71 Deluxe oh Patina!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahah okay I get it now.

So do you think the oldspeed spindles would help me avoid the rubbing problem with stock wheels and a stock width adjustable beam? They're narrowed just slightly from stock.

Nice job with the Yank spelling. International communication skills!

Are you gonna use Kingstown then?

Yeh the oldspeed spindles will probably help a bit. I will know better when I actually have the thing infront of me though :)
Steve and Mark at Kingstown are top blokes and will be shipping the bus for me as they seem to have their 'finger on the pulse'!
It is looking likely for the week after next. Just got to organise transport to and from ports and transfer of funds.

Hey next time you talk to Gregg tell him Russ said he was a stinkin hippy LMAO He will get a kick out of that trust me.

look really cool mate, need to loose them fat tyres but thats nothing. Will you be link pin beaming it and going back to wide 5's ?

good luck!
:D Ash

similar one on but need much more work only 1.5K

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=975961" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw that one last night Johnny. Don't know why I was lookin really! Once you start though, its like a drug! There should be a warning on it :lol:

Dubs, as for the LPB, it all depends on what it rides like and whether I have any cash left over once the welding is completed.

I sent Gregg your message last night E. No doubt he will be responding soon! He says he has a pal who runs a VW yunkyard, that's not you is it?

Very cool. Needs smaller front tires. Otherwise, nice. What state is it coming from?

Couple pictures I took today for you Chris.

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

This one will stay stock, actually need to lift it up a spline in the back end. It's sagging pretty good. Also getting ready to transplant a Ford 2300 into it.. It's an original South Carolina bus (also from Gibbes VW), with over 515k miles on the body. I'm the 3rd owner, I've had it for 3 or 4 years I guess. It's kind of rusty, and the nose is pretty trashed but you can't tell because of the spare. But it's a great camper, it'll go anywhere.

Here we are camping a few years ago:

345118.jpg

and next to a certain lowered bus:

548063.jpg

Cool 8) What color is you bus man? It looks to be a darker shade than 'Pati' (yep, my missus has named the bus already :roll: ) :lol:

Heres the engine vid you sent me too. I must have played it 30 times already! I just love the sound :D

It's just a stocker bug muffler without tips. I was running a 'zoom tube' but the rear bumper wouldnt fit with it on there. I'll toss that in if you want it... It's pretty obnoxious but it's fun.

Mine is '67-'68 L 555 (43) titian red and the '71 is either L 30 H (68) montana red or L 31 H (03) chianti red, I don't remember offhand. I'll snap a picture of the M-plate tomorrow and send it to you.

Latest posts