71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cool mate, at least wen Stu finally does get un tied from the lamp post, finds some cloths to wear and gets home his bus will be waiting for him.

:lol:

i'll be bringing an extra can of whoop-arse to fight you off ;)

Yeah the other side will be done hopefully next week, needs to be as Si is in the passenger seat to Ninove

Both sides now tubbed :)

003-16.jpg

took it out for a quick blast, drives awesome, no rubbing with new tubs, well chuffed :mrgreen:

007_zps0968c944.jpg

008_zps9b79278d.jpg

really need to get out with my camera and take some decent photos

Looking good mate , I hope you pulled that pump out of the grass and took it home with you ! :)

Popped back to see Matt at Balls'd as the rear had a settled a little and was rubbing slightly with a full tank of petrol not helped by the 195 tyres (185 are on the cards next), so after a bit of a tinker its all sitting good now.

480177_456428114411466_1713326805_n_zpsdddef9be.jpg

What to lower next, the missus thinks its a disease, her words - "do you need to lower everything you touch?".........

Duurrr - yeah!!!!

Ive never been happy with how the roof rack sat or its positioning, just looked way to high and awkward

003_zps856c1bf0.jpg

001_zps4f0fc6e1.jpg

So out with the grinder to lower it :mrgreen:
After cutting off the roof clamps, the ends were trimmed by about 2" and the remaning 8" of each support was pie cut and splayed before being welded up. I also angled the rear stays so the rack could sit further back on the roof.

007_zpsf05caf77.jpg

008_zpsa0a89de9.jpg

009_zps896d4142.jpg

Still not sure on the positioning, may end up moving it forward a bit?

:msn4:

Latest posts